Ugly Americans skirt quarantine

This to me is typical of why other countries and people do not like us, distrust us or even hate us. This privileged ass an his family could not be bothered to follow local health and safety quarantine requirements after a positive Covid test result. Instead they take off in a private plane to get across the border and possibly infect numerous other people in the process.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/tennis ... d=msedgdhp

There is no defense, this is what it means to be an "ugly american".

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Ugly Americans skirt quarantine

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:17 pm From another POV, to play Devil's Advocate--would you REALLY want to be quarantined in Russia, subject to the infamously bad Russian health care system? I've been to St. Petersburg--and I wouldn't want to be stuck there!
I doubt their healthcare system is as bad as you say. I’d be perfectly willing to be “stuck” there. Russia is not exactly a backwater nation when it comes to technology or doctors. You’re perpetuating exactly the idea in my OP, “we are so much better” which we are not. The tennis player made a choice to go there in the first place, he should not be excused for setting his needs and wants above those of others. People who get infected should in my opinion stay in place and not further increase a spread. There’s no devil’s advocate point to be made, it would make no difference if a person gets infected in the poorest country in the world with the worst medical system available, he should have worked with the local authorities and not endangered others. He was the “ugly american”.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

In Soviet Russia, medicine was not a high-profile or highly respected profession. It never really came back from Stalin's purges. They would still apply mustard paper to a patient's feet and shine UV up the nostrils as a standard flu treatment. Whether that has improved dramatically in the past quarter century, can't say. Not optimistic.

Most of Europe, hell yes you'd be better off than here. Putin's Russia? Doctors still "fall" off of balconies.

Absolutely agree though that there's no excuse for breaking quarantine.

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:34 pm I know people who have lived in Russia for extended periods of time and it is indeed as bad as Yankee says. Unless you are wealthy and connected/ mobbed up.
But we are talking about someone who is wealthy and connected.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim