Is trump Worried About Losing? A New Scenario

Is trump worried about losing the upcoming election? He doesn't appear to be as he overtly doubles and triples down on racist language.

The scenario is that trump will use emergency powers to claim foreign interference and connive with Barr to delay the all important naming of the electors to the electoral college on December 14. Then bypass the courts and send the election to the House of Representatives.
The election is thrown into the House of Representatives, pursuant to the Constitution. Under the relevant constitutional process, the vote in the House is by state delegation, where each delegation casts one vote, which is determined by the majority of the representatives in that state.
https://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-coul ... on-1513975

Re: Is trump Worried About Losing? A New Scenario

Being a one-trick pony means you only double down on what you know when losing the crowd. I doubt there’s any strategizing going on in the WH now aside from individuals trying to figure out their next “career move” after November.

While the Newsweek scenario sounds plausible, it completely ignores the people in the country at the moment. We are on the verge of our own “Orange Revolution” don’tcha know. If 45 attempts to stay in office past the election, there will be instant gridlock in all the major cities including DC due to peaceful protest. We’ve seen how this will work with the BLM movement already. Infiltrators may try to incite violence and give police an opportunity to break up demonstrations but people will continue to come to the streets day after day until the police are exhausted, the economy stalls and banks demand a change of leadership.

That’s my theory anyway...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

To say that this man is unbalanced is being generous. To observe that he is predictable only in his boorishly unpredictable audacity is being obvious. To assert that he doesn't give a shit about his oath, his country or its people, and the planet we share, is accurate.

His motivation is in being remembered. He doesn't much care how. He admires figures whom history remembers, without any real concern whether a figure is vilified or praised. A despot or exalted humanitarian, it makes no difference. He believes his key attribute is an ability to control the narrative. In that, he might be right.

How do you spell "civil...'unrest'..."?
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

harriss wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:31 pm My own thoughts on this is that the Democrats in the House of Representatives can easily thwart this by impeaching trump again right after the election but before December 14 if him and Barr connive to pull some sh*t like this. And if they have to, throw the book at him like Joe Friday says.
Unless he is hit by the book causing a near fatal injury and Pence takes over it won’t do a bit of good, because of MoscowMitch and the Reptilians in the Senate.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:49 pm
harriss wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:31 pm My own thoughts on this is that the Democrats in the House of Representatives can easily thwart this by impeaching trump again right after the election but before December 14 if him and Barr connive to pull some sh*t like this. And if they have to, throw the book at him like Joe Friday says.
Unless he is hit by the book causing a near fatal injury and Pence takes over it won’t do a bit of good, because of MoscowMitch and the Reptilians in the Senate.
But even then the senate is on target to flip possibly even without the 4 battleground states. The new congress sits on January 3. Then just refile impeachment. trump and barr are up to no good and will precipitate a constitutional crisis if it appears that trump will lose. Democrats must be prepared on the day after November 3 to file with the supreme court.

As long as we're speculating...
Does anyone not remember W and Iraq?

When appearances of another one term Bush started becoming realistic he fabricates a war, calculating that we'd never switch administrations in the midst of such an enterprise.

Do not underestimate the depths of depravity that the stain and entire RNC are capable of. There isn't anything they won't do.
We Are So Screwed

I don't think Il Douche *ever* thought he'd win and really doesn't care if he get re elected..he is here for the money and power and he has better/easier ways of getting that without being constrained by being under stipulations like legal nonsense.

I don't think he gives a rats ass if he gets re elected. It's all a reality show to him and he is winning so fuck US. He really wants to get back to playing golf and eating cheese burgers. It's a game he played and he's bored with it now.

I agree with others on this board that think he might just throw the whole thing on the ground like a petulant child weeks before the election and just...bugger off. Run away. Flip the US The Bird and Skee Daddle off to some remote location and rest up for a year laughing while we try to fix it in his wake.

I think he knows he's toast in November and could care less...he got what he came for. Time to move along.

VooDoo
Last edited by VodoundaVinci on Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Duh Furor KNOWS he faces immediate indictments on Jan 21, 2021. Therefore he MUST stay in office no matter what.
He's laying the groundwork for the final coup: Canceling or discrediting the election and declaring himself STILL President even if he loses and that he'll keep the office...indefinitely, a la Putin / Erdogan.

Even if he loses in a landslide, he'll claim he's won, that Dems cheated, blah, blah, blah, and it will all be bullshit to stage his coup and form his junta.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:14 pm Duh Furor KNOWS he faces immediate indictments on Jan 21, 2021. Therefore he MUST stay in office no matter what.
He's laying the groundwork for the final coup: Canceling or discrediting the election and declaring himself STILL President even if he loses and that he'll keep the office...indefinitely, a la Putin / Erdogan.

Even if he loses in a landslide, he'll claim he's won, that Dems cheated, blah, blah, blah, and it will all be bullshit to stage his coup and form his junta.
Remember the coup does not have to succeed, only stall things long enough to move funds offshore and find a safe haven. The property will all be mortgaged, likely several times over, and as long as Donald gets out all is fine even if it means leaving the rest of the family here to face the music.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:20 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:14 pm Duh Furor KNOWS he faces immediate indictments on Jan 21, 2021. Therefore he MUST stay in office no matter what.

Remember the coup does not have to succeed, only stall things long enough to move funds offshore and find a safe haven. The property will all be mortgaged, likely several times over, and as long as Donald gets out all is fine even if it means leaving the rest of the family here to face the music.
A less than optimal solution, but him being gone is STILL better than him still in power.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

He's lost inside a maze of his own making. Even barr probably can't help him find his way out. Why do you think he's out in South Dakota? He's probably looking for a native medicine man to teach him to become a shape shifter.

I'm waiting for him him to go full on fascist and use federal law enforcement agencies to round up and arrest the entire congress, congress staff and judges and court personnel. I'm not talking about the FBI. The department of homeland security has possibly a hundred thousand people who can be called on to assume law enforcement duties. Customs and Border Protection has a workforce of almost 60 thousand. Then there's ICE and TSA. The coast guard, FEMA, federal protective service, secret service.

I'm pretty sure Vladimir has a small dacha set aside for the stain.
YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:14 pm Duh Furor KNOWS he faces immediate indictments on Jan 21, 2021.
We all knew that indictments were coming.

Henry Paulson was going down, that the grand jury hearing the tale of Wall Street circa 2007-8 would hand down a string of indictments 100's of pages thick. We were all absolutely certain that the investigation into Iraq 2 was going to have Cheney's head on a pike at the K Street Bridge. Colin Powell would answer for the pack of lies he fed to the UN and to us, either directly through being arrested or indirectly by being flipped and testifying against his boss.

The only real questions surrounding the certainty of the "accounting" was whether W himself would be arrested, and where they'd find Ken Lay; South America or the South Pacific (I happen to think he's in St. Moritz, Switzerland because he misses his house in Aspen and the Swiss are as despicably amoral as he is)... ?

Obama was not going to let 5000+ US lives and who knows how many Iraqi innocents be spent in the interest of no bid contracts. He as much as promised. We listened as he promised the newly minted Walmart greeters that we'd learn the truth about where their retirement went.

We knew it. And we listened....

To the sound of crickets.

Not one investigation into the orchestrated collapse of our economy was ever initiated by the justice department under Obama's administration. No one was ever indicated. There weren't any government investigations into Iraq. Some media interests took it upon themselves but again, no criminal charges ever evolved despite overwhelming evidence of criminality surrounding our march to war.

But Obama did sign off on keeping the patriot act around. So there's that.
YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:14 pm Duh Furor KNOWS he faces immediate indictments on Jan 21, 2021.
Don't hold your breath.
We Are So Screwed

lurker wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:32 am new york wants him, he may try to pardon himself of federal charges or resign after he loses in november and get pence to do it, but new york isn't just going to let him walk away.
Hence the dacha.

With any luck something akin to syphilis will finish the rot that is our president. Slowly. Without malice or mercy. Away from spectacle. A fitting end to the worst person in the world...alone, silent, in exile, persona non grata.
We Are So Screwed

Nothing that happens next in regard to Il Douche would surprise me. After what we have seen the last few years during his regime and especially what we have witnessed since January? Literally no scenario is absurd nor impossible in my pea brain. I think when millions lose their PUA and their unemployment ends in August and September and Covid goes wild and people who have worked their whole lives lose everything as the pension funds evaporate the pot may boil.

Hopefully it can remain mostly peaceful but I'm extremely skeptical that we will not see America torn to shreds after August of 2020.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

rolandson wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:53 pm
We all knew that indictments were coming.

We knew it. And we listened....

To the sound of crickets.

Not one investigation into the orchestrated collapse of our economy was ever initiated by the justice department under Obama's administration. No one was ever indicated. There weren't any government investigations into Iraq. Some media interests took it upon themselves but again, no criminal charges ever evolved despite overwhelming evidence of criminality surrounding our march to war.

But Obama did sign off on keeping the patriot act around. So there's that.
This. Between this, and the ruthless deportations, and the drone-strike assassinations, I don't understand the love for the man.

I'd still be happier to see him on the Supreme Court than any of at least five people currently on it, but "hope and change" was never a policy agenda. "Bring the country together" doesn't work without the consent of the other side. Letting 'em off of war crimes and the like in the hopes of reconciliation was a critical blunder, one we're still paying for and will pay for for decades.

all of his entire shitful arrogant life, people have always fawned over him because of the appearance of wealth he's always cultivated. being a sociopath, he wouldn't know real affection or friendship if it hit him over the head, and being a sociopath he doesn't really care about real affection or friendship, only for the appearance of it. prison is where he'll find true love and the respect he deserves.
Last edited by lurker on Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?