Re: Troubles may trouble trump

lurker wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:17 pm not to beat a dead horse or anything, but this is why he's so desperate to hide in the oval office behind the great seal. prison awaits him. this why he keeps slipping up and saying "twelve more years".
I bet he tries to pardon himself....

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Now THAT would be an interesting SCOTUS case! No President ever even THOUGHT of a self-pardon until Trump. And it seems a self-pardon is a legal oxymoron (and that ox is a moron) and belies the very definition of the word "pardon". Presidents in DST, like Tyler, Pierce, A. Johnson, Grant, Harding, Nixon, Clinton, and GWB never even CONSIDERED the idea!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Supposedly Nixon did bring up the question and was sound told there would be no way in hell that could happen.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Michael Cohen drops tip on possible fraud Trump committed against the government

Appearing on CNN on Tuesday morning to talk about Donald Trump’s problems since the New York Times exposed his avoidance of paying taxes, the president’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, said there is plenty for investigators to look at if they’re looking for fraud.

He then dropped a tip on financial fraud that may have been committed by the president against the U.S. government.

Speaking with host Alisyn Camerota, Cohen detailed some of the president’s financial woes — saying he is likely headed to personal bankruptcy and even jail (“for a century”) because of the massive amount of debt he is carrying — if he is not re-elected.

“People think that just with the amount of debt that you’ve just described there that there is obviously room for him to be compromised in various different ways,” Camerota stated. “But let me just ask you specifically about some things that you may know about: that purchase of the old post office [building] in D.C that he bought, I guess, for $200 million, what do you know about that?”

“Well, I think what you’re trying to refer to, if I’m judging by the question, Donald Trump was successful in obtaining the old post office, because he had the best financials of everybody that had put in,” Cohen remarked.

“You had the biggest brands in the United States and abroad putting in their bids,” he continued. “Donald Trump’s allegation, or I should say, his documentation demonstrated that he had the greatest financial portfolio with the highest or I should say, the lowest debt-to-earnings ratio. Well, the problem with that is he may have actually lied to the GSA, with which to obtain the old post office.”

“Do you know that he falsified it?” the CNN host pressed.

“No, but I think now that you have the tax returns and personal financial statements, I think you’re incumbent upon individuals to take a look at the application that was submitted to the GSA for not just that, but I think about Ferry Point [golf course],” he added. “It’s all predicated upon his net worth and his valuation on the Trump Organization.”

“That he may have inflated, you talked about this, he inflates it and deflates when convenient,” Camerota clarified.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/michae ... overnment/
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

If there was any reason to take up religion, this would be it. Pray that Justice is served. Pray we get the Donald hearings.

That would be just as entertaining for America (and the world) as the OJ trial.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

tax evasion is tax evasion, irrespective of his job title, so is fraud. he needs to go on trial and be closely questioned by a competent, aggressive prosecutor. let's see how many "i plead the fifth"s it takes for him to start blabbering about how smart he is and what a great businessman he is. he's hidden behind his daddy's money and lawyers all of his life and the bill is coming due.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

harriss wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:48 pm If he had divested to begin with before inauguration by putting everything in a trust and keeping his sons out of it all this would be a moot point.
No, I suspect this NY tax investigation will span many years of Trump’s tax filings. Time before the president took office are still w/in the statute of limitations.

Wouldn’t it be neat if indictments of tax fraud were handed down to his children first? I mean while Trump himself was still in office? Wouldn’t that rattle his cage a bit?!?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I'm pretty old, but I have yet to encounter a situation that could not be changed by the judicious use of a trebuchet.

He will even foment rebellion with his army of several dozen proud boyz to stay out of jail. Or he'll flee to a country with no US extradition treaty.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Forensic accountants, tax attorneys and criminal lawyers will have to scour Trump's tax returns when they are legally obtained. We don't know what IRS is doing right now with their audit. We don't even know how he's trying to manipulate the IRS behind the scenes, the IRS is part of the Treasury Dept and the current commissioner was appointed by Trump.

Trump is the Victim-in-Chief, he'll play that card even when he's out of the WH.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CDFingers wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:13 am I'm pretty old, but I have yet to encounter a situation that could not be changed by the judicious use of a trebuchet.

He will even foment rebellion with his army of several dozen proud boyz to stay out of jail. Or he'll flee to a country with no US extradition treaty.

CDFingers
As long as he sends the plane back.

No person with even a fraction of Trump’s indebtedness would be granted a security clearance in the U.S. government. Mark Zaid, a lawyer who represents many in the national security field, recounts that one client was denied a clearance due to excess student loan debt.

There are voters out there who voted for Trump once but are not now and never were part of the Trump cult. Because they gave their support provisionally, they have no emotional investment in proving that they were right and the Trump critics were wrong. How many are there? We are about to find out. Even a small percentage could make all the difference.
https://thebulwark.com/the-worlds-brokest-billionaire/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CDFingers wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:24 am I read this morning that he is nothing but a broke father of five kids by three different women living in public housing--everything Republicans hate.

snap

CDFingers
With one wife probably being an illegal immigrant.

TrueTexan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:38 pm
CDFingers wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:24 am I read this morning that he is nothing but a broke father of five kids by three different women living in public housing--everything Republicans hate.
CDFingers
With one wife probably being an illegal immigrant.
i'm sure the appropriate officials were sucked, er, paid off, all perfectly legal.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?