‘Back the Blue’ members beat BLM protesters in Colorado ditch

So many executive orders, so much twitter. What to do? Well, discuss it here for one...

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

‘Back the Blue’ members beat BLM protesters in Colorado ditch

Post by TrueTexan »

Members of a “Back the Blue” rally were seen fighting with Black Lives Matter counter-protesters in Fort Collins, Colorado over the weekend.

Video posted on social media shows members of the “Back the Blue” group advancing on Black Lives Matter activists. The confrontation eventually becomes a fighting match in a neighborhood ditch.

“Everybody keep their hands off their weapons!” one man can be heard shouting. “Keep punching each other in the face. Don’t shoot anybody.”

Ciara Wilson posted video of the confrontation on Instagram.

“I was at the Pro Police FCPD rally today,” she wrote. “Counter protestors were violently beaten and had no signs of aggression or hostility. Pro Police protestors forced them to the end of the block and then savagely assaulted them. Afterwards the COUNTER PROTESTORS WERE DETAINED. The officers did not tell them why they were being detained. The pro police protestors who literally assaulted these people for no fucking reason other than being PSYCHOPATHS got away with it. I am so sick and tired of this.”

Black Lives Matter activist Brian Loma told The Rocky Mountain Collegian that the actions of the pro-police group were “disgusting.”

“I value that these people want to have a rally and they want to hold the line, but what I saw was women and as well as some gentlemen being forced, pushed, not only off the sidewalk into the street and then basically chased for two blocks into a trail,” Loma said.

In a statement, the Fort Collins Police Service said that officers issued three arrests and one citation due to “physical disturbances.”

Black Lives Matter activist Brian Loma told The Rocky Mountain Collegian that the actions of the pro-police group were “disgusting.”
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/back- ... -the-face/

Police protecting their Brown Shirt supporters.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: ‘Back the Blue’ members beat BLM protesters in Colorado ditch

Post by YankeeTarheel »

It makes me wonder if Biden can get enough votes to ACTUALLY beat Trump even if he gets 90 MILLION votes and 400 Electoral votes and Trump gets 60 million vote and 138 Electoral votes--when the police are no different than the KKK supporters in the bad old days of lynch parties and eager to support violent fascism.
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

wings
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by wings »

We gotta try.

And if they try to cheat their way through, we shut this economy down like it was April.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

wings wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:46 pm
We gotta try.

And if they try to cheat their way through, we shut this economy down like it was April.
Agreed. And realize they'll start shooting down strikers then.
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

DufusMcGhee
Been around awhile

Post by DufusMcGhee »

wings wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:46 pm
We gotta try.

That'll be distressingly easy. It's on life support now. :shock:

DufusMcGhee
Been around awhile

Post by DufusMcGhee »

The Right seems to have confused or conflated BLM protesters with Antifa, largely thanks to Trump-aganda.

There are many videos on YouTube, crowing about "defeating" or "schooling" Antifa. What the videos actually, and clearly, show are nonviolent groups of BLM demonstrators being surrounded, harassed and threatened. In at least one case in Colorado, the folks doing the surrounding/harassing/threatening were on horseback.

sig230
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by sig230 »

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:35 pm
It makes me wonder if Biden can get enough votes to ACTUALLY beat Trump even if he gets 90 MILLION votes and 400 Electoral votes and Trump gets 60 million vote and 138 Electoral votes--when the police are no different than the KKK supporters in the bad old days of lynch parties and eager to support violent fascism.
We failed to educate our citizens on reality, on the Chiquola Mill and the Greensboro Massacre and the numerous union busting and the firms like Corporations Auxiliary Company policies like "preventive labor relations" and using the National Guard to deliver mail when mail workers went on strike and firing all the Air Traffic Controllers when they tried to for a union.

We have failed to educate a citizenry and now face a voting population totally ignorant of the responsibilities of citizenship.
To be vintage it must be older than me! Coming to you from Deep South Texas!

GeorgiaRN
Chatty

Post by GeorgiaRN »

DufusMcGhee wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:08 pm
The Right seems to have confused or conflated BLM protesters with Antifa, largely thanks to Trump-aganda.

There are many videos on YouTube, crowing about "defeating" or "schooling" Antifa. What the videos actually, and clearly, show are nonviolent groups of BLM demonstrators being surrounded, harassed and threatened. In at least one case in Colorado, the folks doing the surrounding/harassing/threatening were on horseback.

Most people I talk to conflate all the civil unrest back to BLM with white Antifa allies. The problem with BLM is that it is decentralized so anyone can claim to be a "leader" in front of the news camera. In Chicago, the leader of BLM stated that "Looting is okay because businesses have insurance." Apparently groups rented U-hauls in advanced and just looted stores. They also "attacked" the Ronald McDonald house with cancer children inside. The media conflated this attack back to her statement. Now BLM has no issues attacking children undergoing cancer treatment. Optics are everything. Also note that if right wing media spends enough time in Seattle, it's basically a gold mine. The leader of BLM Seattle stated something to the affect of we are coming to take your house away from you. These are not good optics and do not sit well with the average American.

It would be more rational to blame looting on unemployment, fear, economic downturn, but BLM has a powerful presence in the media. Everything can easily be conflated back to BLM quite easily.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by TrueTexan »

It is easy for the various groups on the Right to be able to blame everything that happens on BLM. Just like in Germany in the 1920s-30s anything done that was against the ideas of the Rightwing was blamed on the number 1, Jews.and number 2 the leftist parties. Especially those acts started by the Brown Shirts.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

GeorgiaRN
Chatty

Post by GeorgiaRN »

I think most people thought the protests were about police reform. Then it went to Defund the Police and then the messaging was lost. Later most people just saw white people in Portland and CHAZ in Seattle. Most people I talk to do not understand anymore. At this point, I think the average person is just tired of it. The average person does not see any message or direction. It just becomes criminal opportunistic behavior in their minds.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

DufusMcGhee
Been around awhile

Post by DufusMcGhee »

TrueTexan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:38 pm
It is easy for the various groups on the Right to be able to blame everything that happens on BLM. Just like in Germany in the 1920s-30s anything done that was against the ideas of the Rightwing was blamed on the number 1, Jews.and number 2 the leftist parties. Especially those acts started by the Brown Shirts.
And let's be sure to name the "Communists" as one of the scapegoated groups. Our 2017 tour of central Europe gave SWMBO and me a fairly detailed look at how Hitler and supporters behaved.

DufusMcGhee
Been around awhile

Post by DufusMcGhee »

sig230 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:11 pm
We have failed to educate a citizenry and now face a voting population totally ignorant of the responsibilities of citizenship.
Sadly, that's not the only thing they seem to be ignorant about. Y'all know what I mean so there's no need to elaborate.