Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Becomes Arizona’s First Female Senator

After a delay in ballot counting following last week’s midterm election, Democrat Kyrsten Sinema was officially announced as the winner of Arizona’s Senate race on Monday. She becomes the state’s first female U.S. senator.

Sinema defeated Republican Martha McSally, who was leading on Wednesday with 790,911 votes to Sinema’s 768,737, with about 75 percent of precincts reporting. By Monday, the nearly 1 million remaining ballots were finally counted, and Sinema emerged on top.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kr ... 438895c9bc

One down two more to go.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Becomes Arizona’s First Female Senator

McSally clearly couldn't get around her lying about "preserving pre-existing condition coverage" when she voted repeatedly to REPEAL the ACA.
Besides the Retrumplicans' idea of preserving the pre-existing condition coverage, they leave out the tiny detail that the COST of it will be unaffordable.
"Of course you can buy any car on the lot! If you can't afford the Bugatti or even the Ferrari, it doesn't mean it's not AVAILABLE :sarcasm:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Becomes Arizona’s First Female Senator

Bisbee wrote:How did a Texan end up telling me about this historic election result in my state?!?

:yahoo:
Well, you must admit that Bisbee, the town, not our distinguished and beloved colleague (I.e. you), is kinda unstuck in time.

As a former Arizonan, I am uplifted by the news! Arizona politics, while always wacky (Ev Meecham, Fife Symington, et al.), are rarely uplifting. This is Yuge!
Last edited by Bucolic on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Becomes Arizona’s First Female Senator

The Associated Press declared Sinema the winner late last night, votes in Maricopa and Pima counties pushed her over the top. Sinema honed a centrist and bipartisan voting record in the House which better matches Arizona's electorate while McSally became more Trumplike during the campaign. Nevada and Arizona which Democrats captured will be easier seats to defend than North Dakota and Indiana which they lost.

CNN announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjnAgpyuPuQ

Yes - Evan Meecham, Fife Symington, Joe Arpaio - Arizona has had some real "winners" over the years and on the other hand the big city of Tucson has a gay police chief.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan