THE DAY HAS COME

While many elections will go to runoffs and recounts, we will probably have a good idea tomorrow what happened.

Wishing everyone best of luck and regrets that I was so testy & defensive the past few days. I feel like this midterm really matters to me, my family, and the country. In red states, we have concealed & open carry, AKs, and 30 round mags. However, our infrastructure, environment, schools, and hospitals are in dismal shape. Tax cuts and oligarchies have impoverished too many.

I hope for pragmatic, happy compromises in our futures. United we stand, Divided we fall.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: THE DAY HAS COME

MIssouri might have medical cannabis, a real chance at a decent minimum wage and maybe a lot of new judges.

Oh yeah, the sitting Senator who considers everyone on this forum to be part of the 'insane' section of her Party is likely to keep her job.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

"I have a bad feeling about this...."

Not going to take the Senate. Lucky to hold to 45 seats. Nelson is probably going to lose, as will Heidi Heitkamp, and McCaskill (I hope I'm wrong). Looks like Donnelly is out, too.
Not going to take to many Governor seats. Still can't call Fl or Ga. But Gillum is losing and can't see enough votes to pull it out. Only one of the NE GOP governors is out.

House is the only hope left.

What the FUCK is wrong with America, SO eager to piss away our 241 years of freedom and give it to the racists, sexists, and fascists?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

If the results you are reporting proves true, I believe our election has been hacked and stolen.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:04 pm If the results you are reporting proves true, I believe our election has been hacked and stolen.
I don't doubt it. Gillum leading by 5 points in the polls before the election--cannot win. He's down by 90,000 votes but there aren't enough left in the Broward and other Blue counties--can maybe pick up 60,000 votes. But there are still absentee and military ballots and a possible recount.

Good news: with 58% in, Beto leads by .5% Cruz is LIGHT years behind Abbott's numbers in the Gov race on the same night.
Last edited by YankeeTarheel on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Pro-2nd amendment democrat Amy McGrath has lost for US Representative for Kentucky. I had such high hopes.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 pm But with over 70% of the Texas vote in, Beto O'Rourke is STILL leading! Beating Ted Cruz even when we don't take the Senate, will still be SWEET!!!!
MY district, NJ 11, where Rodney Frelinghuysen has wimped for us since 1994, where we haven't elected a Dem since 1982, we've just elected Mikie Sherrill and turned NJ 11 Blue!
Mikie wasn't MY first choice but once she was the nominee, I have been 100% for her!

At least WE did what WE were supposed to do, in NJ 11th!

I literally want to throw up.

A state that is nearly 50-50 Dem/Rep, we have 4 Dems in the US House and 10 Republicans in the US House (and two Republican senators). If you can find a better example of gerrymandering, I feel bad for you. And the best news: ReTrumplicans (not conservatives or Republicans) won every statewide race. That means redistricting for 2020 is up to the party of KKKemp and his cronies.

Republicans down here are gloating asswipes. No wonder all my friends are leaving the state. Lies and cheating from the party of Christian Family Values is going to make this place a third world hellscape.

Something does not look right about these vote totals in GA07 that magically flipped the race to Republican long after 100% of the ballots were counted. I don't believe the results are accurate or real. Why should I believe them?

Yes, I am really disappointed. I bet Floridians are even more shocked.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

MaxwellG wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:03 pm Watching here in Wisconsin in that we oust Scott Walker.
Not so fast! Ted Cruz, Duncan Hunter, Devin Nunes, Iowa's King, etc all won.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Didn't our President warn about violence when the Democrats lose? Because we can't trust the vote to be accurately counted or something?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Stacey still fights for us....

Refusing to concede, Stacey Abrams says, ‘Votes remain to be counted’

Stacey Abrams, the Democratic candidate for governor of Georgia, refused to concede early Wednesday, even as projections showed her trailing her Republican opponent, Brian Kemp.

In a defiant speech to supporters, Abrams, who would be country’s first female African American governor, said, “Votes remain to be counted. There are voices that are waiting to be heard.”

She said absentee ballots had yet to be tallied and, though she didn’t wade into specifics, raised questions about whether the election had proceeded fairly.

“We are going to make sure that every vote is counted, every single vote,” she said. “In a civilized nation, the machinery of democracy should work for everyone, everywhere.”

Ballot access and election fairness have been at the heart of the bitter controversy marking Georgia’s gubernatorial contest. Kemp, who oversees elections as Georgia’s secretary of state, has faced accusations that he had sought to suppress the minority vote. And on Sunday, his office announced that it was investigating the state Democrats for an alleged “hacking attempt,” though it did not cite evidence.

On Tuesday, problems were reported across the state. In one Atlantic precinct, three voting machines were initially available to serve more than 3,000 registered voters, creating several-hour waits. In suburban Gwinnett County, machines failed to work all together as polls opened, causing long delays.

This election has tested our faith,” Abrams said. “I’m not to going to name names, but some hare worked hard to take our voices away.”

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"It's not who gets the most votes, it's who counts the votes!" -- Attributed to Joseph Stalin.

How could Gillum lead by 5 points...but lose by .7 points? Answer: Florida's been "fixing" votes since before Bush v Gore.

OTOH, our so-called Democratic "leadership" has been blowing elections since 1978. How the FUCK does Nazi King get re-elected? And the House majority? Razor thin, when it should have been a land-slide!

Finally, Arizona may well stay Red because--the "Green" party candidate took more than enough votes from the Dem to make the difference. When will "Moral Progressives" pull their heads out of their asses and realize their "moral" votes are no different than votes for Trump fascists?