Dem New Hampshire gubernatorial cand. for EBR ban, red flag, 48h wait, UBCs,...

...and repealing constitutional carry.
http://www.mollykelly.com/issues/
Gun Violence Prevention

My heart breaks for families who have lost a loved one to gun violence. I never worried about my children when they went to school. Now, I fear for the safety of my grandchildren. I refuse to wait for New Hampshire to suffer through a tragic school shooting. We can and must do better than this. As governor, I will work to:

Pass universal background checks;

Keep children and domestic abusers from getting guns;

Keep military-style weapons off our streets;

Reinstate the requirement of a permit to carry a concealed weapon;

Pass a red flag law;

Institute a 48-hour waiting period for all gun purchases; and

Support local communities’ decision to ensure the safety of their residents
It is our responsibility to prevent senseless gun deaths and to ensure every child feels safe in a New Hampshire classroom.

Re: Dem New Hampshire gubernatorial cand. for EBR ban, red flag, 48h wait, UBCs,...

She would end the blood running in the streets from constitutional carry.
http://www.nhpr.org/post/if-elected-gov ... s#stream/0

Here's what she had to say about Sununu's "task force" following Parkland:
“By following (President) Donald Trump’s lead and stopping a serious conversation on gun safety, Chris Sununu has failed to do everything possible to keep students safe,” Kelly said. “I refuse to wait for New Hampshire to suffer through our own tragic school shooting. As governor, I will stand with our brave students and pursue commonsense gun safety measures, including universal background checks, preventing children and domestic abusers from getting guns, keeping military-style weapons off our streets and reinstating the requirement of a permit to carry a concealed weapon.”

Re: Dem New Hampshire gubernatorial cand. for EBR ban, red flag, 48h wait, UBCs,...

In 2016, distracted driving killed 3,500 people. Rifles killed 350 ("assault weapons" a fraction of that 350). Obviously, we need to focus on those military-style rifles. Posted elsewhere here, Mayo clinic docs conclude increased concealed carry over the last 30 years has had no significant association with increased gun injuries/deaths. We obviously need to make things that are illegal (murder) more illegal because doing something meaningful to address root causes would just be too much work and might lead to an expansion of rights and privileges rather than a contraction. It's for the children.