Re: Houston meets Chicago, Rugers dominate!

The participants:
Top, from the left Smith&Wesson Model 49 circa 1962, Smith&Wesson K-22 from 1947, a CZ 7B frame with a CZ Kadet .22 Conversion Adapter and a CZ 85 Combat 9mm.
Center, from the left Ruger Speed Six in .357, Ruger Single Six convertible .22/.22Mag, and a Ruger "Baby Vaquero" in .32 H&R Mag.
Bottom, from the left Ruger Security 9 and a Ruger PC Carbine with a Burris Prism 3X optic.

2 of 8
Last edited by sikacz on Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_7791R.JPG
IMG_7792.JPG
IMG_7793.JPG

The PC Carbine was an interesting experience. At 10 yards one could really have fun tearing up the bullseye! LoL. I’m pretty sure it would perform well at greater distances. I have no idea how one sets up the type of optic, but NegativeApproach did an excellent job sighting it in.
Larch’s revolvers as usually proved to be a real treat. Classic single actions are always interesting and accurate. We did burn up some ammo!

I had just replaced the recoil spring on the CZ Kadet and it seemed to perform much better. One for the fix category, hurrah! The model 49 is going to become one of my regular range companions, while I don’t have consistent accuracy with it yet, I can tell it’s a good shooter. It is however, a bit stiff on double action. This seems to confirm it has not been fired much. I will start firing it with snap caps to break it in more.

All good things end and it was time to pack up. We ended up being out about 4 hours total and for some of us, me especially, it took two hours to warm up. Been a long time since I had been to the range, but fun was had. The Rugers all performed flawlessly and were fun to shoot, from revolvers to carbines no complaints! Thanks NegativeApproach and Larch!

8 of 8
Last edited by sikacz on Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_7866.JPG
IMG_7868.JPG
IMG_7869.JPG

CDFingers wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:22 pm I love "circa" and I love that hammer less snubby. Lots of Rugers--so robust and of such quality. Love 'em. Much fun was had. Great report.

CDFingers
The snubby actually has a hammer. It's double action/single action with the hammer shrouded so you can still cock it. It barely rises above the hump.

Attachments
IMG_7545-FullSizeRender.JPG

sikacz wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:33 pm The snubby actually has a hammer. It's double action/single action with the hammer shrouded so you can still cock it. It barely rises above the hump.
I'd love a .32 H&R revolver set up like that. Or even a .32 Long to make it tinier. Coat pocket carry has much to recommend it in Seattle's climate.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:33 pm The snubby actually has a hammer. It's double action/single action with the hammer shrouded so you can still cock it. It barely rises above the hump.
I'd love a .32 H&R revolver set up like that. Or even a .32 Long to make it tinier. Coat pocket carry has much to recommend it in Seattle's climate.
It is a pretty nice setup. This one will easily fit in my pocket. I haven’t checked a coat or jacket, but it might work. It really is small.