S&W 327...hell yes!

Took the 327 to range for the first time today. Only mod I made was swapping the wood grips for this old set of Pachmayr Presentation grips. The grips match the profile on my other guns and seemed like they would provide adequate cushioning for 357 loads.

I have never shot snubbies well, until this gal came along. I'm rusty, not having shot a wheelgun in months, but I'm pretty sure I could qualify with this gun with a week of practice.

Trigger is amazing! All the groups shot were double action, except the first 8, which I don't really consider part of this review.

This is an eight-shot 357 revolver with a 2" barrel. Unloaded, it weighs about as much as my old j frame, but this is an n frame and the size upgrade makes a big difference.

Everything I shot was 158g and sights were spot on at 7 yards.

First group is 158g Privi round nose 38 special. These felt like shooting 9mm out of a Beretta 92. My best group. I shot a full box of this crap, because I don't have any reason to save it.

Next, I shot 158g Remington semi jacketed hollow point +p 38 special. Still very accurate and group only opened up a little bit. These felt like shooting 38 special from my old j frame. Shot 22 of these.

Last, I shot some Federal 158g .357 (24 rounds). I gritted my teeth on that first long double action pull and...damn, not too bad. Equivalent to shooting 38 +p out of an alloy j frame.

Now, things I'd like to change. The red insert is useless in shadow...may as well be black. I'd like to get a fiber optic machined to replace this one.

Second, both 357 and 38 eject about equally well, which is to say not great. I'm gonna polish the cylinder a bit to see if that helps.

Last, reloads were a little slower than with my comparable 627, so I might have the cylinder chamfered.

Overall, a total keeper! Gonna order an OWB holster from Lobo now!
D392BC6C-CEEF-4C18-80C0-389E9EBEF972.jpeg

.38 special +p
1AF5894B-2A49-4E8E-934E-4EB37F210150.jpeg

54C4ADD6-CEC1-4EB6-89A0-5F1634565D75.jpeg

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Re: S&W 327...hell yes!

I was only confused for a moment. I thought I was reading about a new S&W .327 federal caliber wheel gun. My brain was trying to twist around that you were shooting .357 and .38 through it. Glad you like it. I have tried a couple of snubbies in the past. I can barely hit the broad side of a barn.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Thank goodness Marlene banged off her warning about the cylinder. Your statement about polishing sticky cylinders also set off warning bells given what I read about S&W’s tech-wizardry in their expensive Scandium coated (!) light-frame Nazgûl revolvers -though I wasn’t quite sure exactly how any magic coatings might pertain to the titanium bits. These guns are obviously the result of black magic so best not to F widem.

I also was confused for a bit thinking this was a .327 mag revolver. Happened to shoot a friend’s Ruger GP100 in this caliber at the range recently is why.

What a stunning revolver you own, Señor!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Marlene wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:33 pm DO NOT POLISH THE CYLINDER!

READ THE MANUAL ABOUT WHAT CLEANING PRODUCTS ARE OK ON YOUR Ti CYLINDER AND BARREL SLEEVE.

I'm done yelling. Enjoy your cool new gun.
you saved his butt. he owes you a dinner...

yes, sg, don't do that.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed