Weird juju

Well, everything is weird right now, between the demonstrations/social upheaval/backlash, people buying every firearm in sight, ammo prices through the roof, over an hour wait to get into the range. Today, though, was even more weird than ever.

1. A woman in another lane flagged me as she asked for help with a Roy d stuck in the chamber. I immediately said, “Whoa, whoa, don’t point that thing at me—point it down the lane” and explained what to do. She was apologetic and we looked at her pistol. I asked, “Can I touch it?” She said “Sure” and I tried to clear it. Didn’t budge—she’d loaded the round backwards. So we knocked on the glass and got the staff to come clear it, while I explained what to do if she ever had a problem like that (set the pistol on the counter, pointed down range, ask for help).

So I’m merrily, or sweatily, practicing while waiting for my instructor to show—not like him to flake out—turns out he got stuck at the doc, so we called it off.

Then I noticed some clown had shot the shiny new chrome plate on the counter. Really? Bad enough they’ve already shot up the freshly-painted walls and ceiling not a week after the range upgraded things.

All of a sudden, something falls on my head. I was like, “What the fuck was that?!” Looked up and the case over the motor for the target carrier had fallen off. Fortunately, my earmuff headband took most of the blow.

Finally, with the full-on party craziness going on a couple of stalls in the other direction, I decided that I didn’t like the odds.

I did my usual post-shoot cursory cleaning and called it a day. 100 rounds, 3 fliers, some good groupings , and made it home alive. Results attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m NOT the NRA

Re: Weird juju

Where the heck do you live they got a range like that? How do you get a round in backwards? Parties? Heavens. Is it like an expedition to get outa Dodge? Yeah, good shootin', and I'm glad you got out alive.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Stoddards? Quickshot?

Too many new gun owners in ATL right now with no training (except zombie movies). Sometimes I have to change lanes or leave.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

The range across the river (my favorite indoor range now) keeps track of what you do on the range...everybody has to take a written test to get a card to get access and pass a proficiency and know the rules.....if you shoot up the floor, the ceiling, the target carriers or don't clean up you lane of brass and such and leave targets hanging they charge you to fix it for you.

A floor or ceiling strike is like a $35 repair fee.

The place is immaculate and safe as can be. We now have video projectors on top of the lanes and can gun defense scenarios and shoot/no shoot video stuff.

Very cool but not stupid horseplay or stupid people allowed. If you screw up too many times they pull yer card until you train and pass new proficiency tests. I love it.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I love the idea of having to pass a proficiency test or a safety test. Surely some people will see that as some form of unconstitutional regulation. I think that’s more in the realm of protecting your property and everyone there.

Especially with people strapping up as fast as they can pass a bg check.
I’m NOT the NRA

It'd be nice to see solid training in the schools. Driver's ed, too. Not the "pay an extra $500 to the state to get essential training" game they play with driver's ed these days. Mandatory in the curriculum. But not until we get public education in order. Decades of underfunding and inequality, plus guns - yeah, it'd be a shitstorm in the current system.