Free Range Ranges Iz Cool

No pictures. :cry:

Visited a free-range range with a couple of fellow LGCers. No RSOs (other than us) and not many others around most of the time. Did the usual sorts of things: Shared guns, sighted new optics, told 'war' stories, punched paper with pistols and rifles at 100, 200, and 300 yards.

I learned that shooting steel at 100 yards with my TP9SFx and Polymer80 not-quite-running-right-yet-but-getting-closer .45 ACP franken-Glock is a LOT of fun! It completely surprised me when that first round from the latest batch of 9mm hand loads landed 100 yards away very close to where the Vortex Venom's 3MOA dot (last sighted at 21 feet... :shock: ) suggested they'd go. Pew...ding! (OMG - hadtabeen a fluke - try again... pew...ding! :yahoo: )

And, I got to shoot a Tavor Freekin Space Gun Steyr AUG :ninja: :lol:

Hey Guys - when's the next field trip?!
freerangerangetoys.jpg

Re: Free Range Ranges Iz Cool

i go to a state-run DNR range. sometimes (not hunting season or the approach thereof) i'm the only one there except the range officer and it's heavenly, put out targets, check targets, shout "range HOT!/COLD!" to the empty benches just for fun. the RSO is a good guy, ex-marine (yeah, i know, no such thing). he told me once that if it's just me, he doesn't really care about the rules if you're safe. he's shot all of my guns, i've shot some of his, and (shhh, don't tell anyone) he votes D.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: Free Range Ranges Iz Cool

lurker wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:10 am part of my life plan is to own a little ravine i can shoot up into. y'all are welcome to stop by, bring your own everything, clean up after yourselves. we'll have hot dogs and toasted marshmallows afterward.
Cool - thanks! :D

Those endless summer pre-teen afternoons in a vacant lot with a BB gun and paper cups. Sigh.