First trip to the range for the year

I took my kids to the range yesterday. Had fun shooting a Ruger Mk III, a CZ SP-01, and a S&W 629 with a red dot.
The kids were shooting low with the CZ (it was their first time), guess we need more range time to get used to the new pistol.
The surprise was the 629. It's a big, heavy revolver with a ported 6" barrel. Recoil even with magnums was relatively mild. And the red dot makes sighting easy. I'd forgotten how much fun that gun is.
Aim past the target.

Re: First trip to the range for the year

Cool!

We had a similar trip yesterday. Other plans fell though, so the spousal critter and I went to Wade's in the mid-afternoon. I'd have had a little less caffeine had I been planning this farther ahead! Shot my little MkII, 9 mm 1911, Bersa .380CC and Redhawk.

First few rounds from the Redhawk were pretty spotty (max with IMR4227). Switched to light target loads and pulled it together somewhat. Switched back to near-max loads with Power Pistol and continued to do OK. I noticed that the bark and flash from that powder got the RSO to come closer to see what was happening over there. Fun ammo! I need to assemble more of those.

I continue to be surprised at how easy and fun the little Bersa is to shoot. Nothing with sights that tiny should be possible to shoot even half-accurately! :mrgreen:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.