Ruger SR1911 Target - first trip to the range

Got out to the range today with my new SR1911 for the first time and put 150 shots through it. I am most satisfied!

Here's my best group of 5 for the day, 2 hands at 7 yards.

I didn't always shoot that well, but this at least lets me know that it's going to be a pretty accurate gun.

Next is a sheet of targets one handed, 7 yards, 10 shots per target.

Happy happy joy joy!

:bananadance:
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Re: Ruger SR1911 Target - first trip to the range

Nice. I saw one of these at the LGS recently in 10 mm. Very tempting.

I intend to make a longer description of this in the Handguns subforum, but briefly: the latest Shooting Times has a piece on the SR1911 fitted with .22LR conversion rigs. The pricier of the two they tested (about $500) fired from a Ransom Rest produced sub 1" groups at FIFTY YARDS with all ammo tested, and sub 0.5" groups with several brands. Getting a decent .45 1911 (not sure if the conversions work with other calibers) and a .22 target pistol approaching S&W 41 levels of accuracy for the combined price of ~$1300 is pretty cool, although you do have the inconvenience of swapping the uppers and mags instead of just picking up a different gun.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Bacchus wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:29 pm Nice! I love my SR 1911. What are the differences in the target version?

Very nice shooting, too! It's ready to debut in the Bullseye League! :D
Not much difference between the Target and the other models that I can tell. The Target model has a thumb safety, though, and it comes with fully adjustable sights.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Ambi- extended thumb safety I see. And yeah, nice sights. Milling a 1911 slide for such target sights is not a cheap mod so a very cool addition on this series.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Eris wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:36 pm
Bacchus wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:29 pm Nice! I love my SR 1911. What are the differences in the target version?

Very nice shooting, too! It's ready to debut in the Bullseye League! :D
Not much difference between the Target and the other models that I can tell. The Target model has a thumb safety, though, and it comes with fully adjustable sights.
It should run really well for you, if mine is any indicator. It has been accurate and very reliable. The trigger is light and crisp; Mine came with Novaks sights- those adjustable sights yours are really nice.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six