Home home on the range

Went out today to the DCLETC - Dane County Law Enforcement Training Center, every Sat-Sun $10 all day.
Took the 9mm...yawn I'm just not that thrilled shooting a polymer compact pistol I plan to use for CCW...but gotta practice with it.

What was more fun was shooting the Ruger MkII .22, actually the starts when you reassemble it...lol got it right the first time this time.
I tried out some:
Aguila .22 LR Standard-Velocity - 50 round box
Aguila .22 LR High-Velocity Rimfire - 50 round box
Federal Premium® Gold Medal .22 LR - 50 round box (the favorite)

The Yellow Box Aulia High Velocity jammed 4 times
The Blue Box Aguila Standard-Velocity shot OK
The Federal, great stuff - that's why I have 600 rounds of it.

Shot at 15 yards
Range_Day_6_2018.jpg
Range_Day_6_2018.jpg (71.8 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

Re: Home home on the range

Interesting how these .22's are so ammo sensitive, often on an individual basis. My Buck Mark hates the Aguila 40-gr SV, but it has no issue with the corresponding CCI. It loves the Armscor HV 36-gr too. Never a jam with those.

Is this shooting off-hand unsupported? I'd like to know what to aspire to.

danhue wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:41 pm Interesting how these .22's are so ammo sensitive, often on an individual basis. My Buck Mark hates the Aguila 40-gr SV, but it has no issue with the corresponding CCI. It loves the Armscor HV 36-gr too. Never a jam with those.

I wasn't shooting off-hand unsupported for most of it, I did for about 10 rounds in the center target on the last magazine.
I'm aspiring towards the Bulls-eye League, I'll need to practice a lot more if I have any hopes of competing.
I think the Mk I-III's are picky on ammunition and it's just a matter of finding out what your model pistol "likes".
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

MaxwellG wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:33 pm
danhue wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:41 pm Interesting how these .22's are so ammo sensitive, often on an individual basis. My Buck Mark hates the Aguila 40-gr SV, but it has no issue with the corresponding CCI. It loves the Armscor HV 36-gr too. Never a jam with those.

I wasn't shooting off-hand unsupported for most of it, I did for about 10 rounds in the center target on the last magazine.
I'm aspiring towards the Bulls-eye League, I'll need to practice a lot more if I have any hopes of competing.
I think the Mk I-III's are picky on ammunition and it's just a matter of finding out what your model pistol "likes".
Join us in the Bullseye League! :yes: Remember, we're all there for the fun and self-improvement. Scores don't matter a whit. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:29 pm
MaxwellG wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Join us in the Bullseye League! :yes: Remember, we're all there for the fun and self-improvement. Scores don't matter a whit. :)
As someone with consistently low scores, I second this! Scores don't matter - all that matters i having fun.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed