Funny session at the range

Got into work early so I could take a long lunch at the range. I wanted to work on some things and compare some ammo. I decided to shoot The Mark ii first. I set up three targets at 7yds and shot 10 rounds of Aguila Super Extra, CCI standard velocity, and Eley Club. At that distance, all the groups were good but the Aguila was best, but any difference can be attributed to me. Next I tried my regular Blazer Brass 115 grain 9mm against Federal 115grain in the aluminum cases. The Federal group was a bit tighter. I found that the brass Federal target ammo works pretty good in my CZ so I wasn't surprised.

Next, I repeated the process at 10yds. The CCI and Eley groups were noticeably tighter than the Aguila, but all were decent (not like that bulk Federal Target 22lr. phht). After that I load up the CZ75 with another 10 rounds of Blazer and proceed to produce a group that was drifting toward three o'clock. If it was a clock face, the number '3' would have been gone. Yup, all the way out to the edge of the target. "WTF?" I say to my self and deliberately aim to the left a bit and put the next few near the bullseye. OK, well I can be inconsistent sometimes so I blew it off and started shooting the next target with the Federal aluminum case rounds. Pow! on the '3' again. Carefully aim, squeeze the trigger ever so carefully and Pow! Number '3' again. Two rounds later and I finally checked my rear sight.... duh. :yes: I put the CZ away and vowed to use locktite to remedy the issue.

Finally, I put three targets at 15yds and repeated the 22lr test. Once again the CCI standard and the Eley Club were very similar with the Aguila lagging slightly behind. I should probably repeat this test numerous times for science. ..but only the 22 part. I don't intend to test the loose sight again. :whistle:

Re: Funny session at the range

:yes: (Blue) Locktite is our friend. Red is only for the devil and not to be trifled with.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: Funny session at the range

SailDesign wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:49 pm I'M NOT ALONE!!!! :D

(Sorry, didn't mean to shout!)
You are definitely not alone. Worst part is I can't even blame the factory since I added these sights myself a couple months ago. :shh:
Marlene wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 am Same

While you’re checking out 9, I’ve had very good results from the 124 Fiocci.
I will add the 124 Fiocci to the list. I have some Blazer 124 that I liked before, but the feeling went away. I'm not sure if the problem is me or the ammo in this case. Probably should back to the range to check. :)
Bisbee wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:32 am :yes: (Blue) Locktite is our friend. Red is only for the devil and not to be trifled with.
Yes! Blue=friend Red=satanic glue.