I think I’m getting the hang of this (Beretta 81 at 15’)

This is a loaner that I’ve been shooting for a couple of weeks. (I shoot 50-200 rounds/week). Met up with Pink Pistols and got to shoot a lot of other nice guns: a couple of CZs, in particular; an HK, a really weird Thompson .22 with a scope that shoots one round at a time, has break action, and looks like a pirate gun, arrrrr! Very nice and generous folks.

Unfortunately, I tossed the targets on which I’d written the names of the specific pistols. But I DID keep the Beretta target for tonight. The first 2 shots went in the same hole in the X — and I actually nailed the X itself soon after!

I am mostly concentrating on loading 2 rounds in a magazine, then shooting bullseyes as often as possible at 15’. Sometimes I switch it up at 10,’ 20’, 5’.

Basically, for now, I’m trying to focus on placement, form, shooting as many different guns as possible, and narrowing down my preferences for my actual first purchase.

The biggest problem I have is that I still sometimes, after acquiring the target, have my hands bobble off it. I try to stiffen my arms and be sure I have a good grip. But I am comfortableshooting, in that I don’t seem to flinch much now. I focus on the front sight. I line up horizontal and vertical. I do shift focus at times from the front sight to the target and back, and I wonder if that’s when I lose accuracy.

One advantage when my hands move is that I can treat the target like the point of focus/framing in photography/videography. As my hands bobble and the front sight crosses the target, I can fire as if I were panning a camera.

Anybody else here think “camera” when shooting firearms?
I’m NOT the NRA
Attachments
6837A6F3-A087-447C-8C75-F15236F46CDC.jpeg