Re: Foo Fliers!

HotheadPaisan wrote:Dadgummit, shot a pretty good 100 rounds yesterday but one hit little Johnny and one hit little Susie. I had a bit of trouble hitting the X until I bent down lower.

Here’s one under the arm:

...and here’s one over the shoulder:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m NOT the NRA

HotheadPaisan wrote:
HotheadPaisan wrote:Dadgummit, shot a pretty good 100 rounds yesterday but one hit little Johnny and one hit little Susie. I had a bit of trouble hitting the X until I bent down lower.

Here’s one under the arm:

...and here’s one over the shoulder:

Plus the X on the 2nd target:

I’m NOT the NRA

The best part of shooting is you'll never be perfect. It also reminds you that you aren't perfect.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I have two modes when I go to the range: some days I go to work on accuracy...my stance, grip, etc. Then some days I just want to shoot muh gun. I plan on getting some personal one-on-one instruction, but for now I watch a lot of videos and then try to apply that at the range. I also find the ammo that I shoot to come into play as far as accuracy. For example: I usually shoot 300 rounds per trip, and I try to get 124 grain but it's hard to find so lately I've been getting 115. Here's what's interesting to me. The last two times I went, I bought the same brand - Herter's - which is only sold by Bass Pro or Cabela's depending on where you're at. First trip I bought it in a green/yellow box, was 8.99. I went to the range that day to work on accuracy. Damn it took me a bit before I could get center target. Second trip, they didn't have any yellow/green box stuff, but black/red box...same brand, same grain, just different box and was 9.99. So I went, felt tired so I figured I might not be as accurate but damn I blew the center out of both targets...So I did a little research and found that Herter's used to be a mail order company that sold to Cabelas. Which is why you can only find it there. I found a site that was asking about where the ammo was made and someone said green/yellow box was made by winchester...I can't confirm that...and black/red box was made by Sellier & Bellot. This I can confirm as it said so right on the box. I could definitely feel the difference in how it shot. I've had good experiences with Sellier & Bellot in the past. I've used winchester with mixed results. I just find it interesting that there was a difference between manufacturers and how it affected my shooting. Although it could all be in my head...