Foo Fliers!

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, Paco, ForumModerator, Marksman Mods

HotheadPaisan
Been around awhile

Foo Fliers!

Post by HotheadPaisan »

Dadgummit, shot a pretty good 100 rounds yesterday but one hit little Johnny and one hit little Susie. I had a bit of trouble hitting the X until I bent down lower.

Here’s one under the arm:

I’m NOT the NRA

HotheadPaisan
Been around awhile

Re: Foo Fliers!

Post by HotheadPaisan »

HotheadPaisan wrote:Dadgummit, shot a pretty good 100 rounds yesterday but one hit little Johnny and one hit little Susie. I had a bit of trouble hitting the X until I bent down lower.

...and here’s one over the shoulder:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m NOT the NRA

HotheadPaisan
Been around awhile

Post by HotheadPaisan »

HotheadPaisan wrote:
HotheadPaisan wrote:Dadgummit, shot a pretty good 100 rounds yesterday but one hit little Johnny and one hit little Susie. I had a bit of trouble hitting the X until I bent down lower.

...and here’s one over the shoulder:Image

Plus the X on the 2nd target:

I’m NOT the NRA

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

little johnnie and little suzie are evil and deserve what they got.

HotheadPaisan
Been around awhile

Foo Fliers!

Post by HotheadPaisan »

lurker wrote:little johnnie and little suzie are evil and deserve what they got.

I’m NOT the NRA

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by K9s »

The best part of shooting is you'll never be perfect. It also reminds you that you aren't perfect.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by senorgrand »

Nice...it's about time I punched paper

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

Mandaliberal
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Mandaliberal »

I have two modes when I go to the range: some days I go to work on accuracy...my stance, grip, etc. Then some days I just want to shoot muh gun. I plan on getting some personal one-on-one instruction, but for now I watch a lot of videos and then try to apply that at the range. I also find the ammo that I shoot to come into play as far as accuracy. For example: I usually shoot 300 rounds per trip, and I try to get 124 grain but it's hard to find so lately I've been getting 115. Here's what's interesting to me. The last two times I went, I bought the same brand - Herter's - which is only sold by Bass Pro or Cabela's depending on where you're at. First trip I bought it in a green/yellow box, was 8.99. I went to the range that day to work on accuracy. Damn it took me a bit before I could get center target. Second trip, they didn't have any yellow/green box stuff, but black/red box...same brand, same grain, just different box and was 9.99. So I went, felt tired so I figured I might not be as accurate but damn I blew the center out of both targets...So I did a little research and found that Herter's used to be a mail order company that sold to Cabelas. Which is why you can only find it there. I found a site that was asking about where the ammo was made and someone said green/yellow box was made by winchester...I can't confirm that...and black/red box was made by Sellier & Bellot. This I can confirm as it said so right on the box. I could definitely feel the difference in how it shot. I've had good experiences with Sellier & Bellot in the past. I've used winchester with mixed results. I just find it interesting that there was a difference between manufacturers and how it affected my shooting. Although it could all be in my head...