Quick Range Trip

I start a new job next week, so I decided to play hooky from old job today. This really doesn’t fit well under the heading of “marksmanship,” but it’s the best I got.

Actually, I won’t even show most of my targets, just the last five round group, shot at 10 yards.

Most of the time was pretty frustrating as I had some difficulty picking up the sight picture with the Star Super S and my groups were more like patterns. The 41 was in a different league, and most groups were about an inch with a flyer. The last five I shot, however, was my best group all day.
F57AFFD2-41E3-477E-A8A2-34F0BE9279D3.jpeg
A049366C-8F09-4762-8B8B-0D7C02A30249.jpeg

Re: Quick Range Trip

It is far and a way the nicest firearm I own.

I also don't know why the range assigned me a lane right next to some guy shooting .308 out of a 16" barrel. The blast was insane. I'm like WTF? I'm shooting a .22. Couldn't you put me at the other end?

I also had enough trouble with the Star that it's souring me on my plan to buy a Star B in 9mm. I took the wrong exit for the range, and went to another gun shop first. If I had driven by after my range session, I might have bought the Springfield 1911 in 9mm they had in the case.

Re: Quick Range Trip

Sometimes you have great trips, sometimes they are frustrating. Always better than a bad day at work, though. Cheers!
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt