Re: Any experience with the Riley Defense RAK47?

I’ve avoided updating this thread, because it pains me that all of experienced advice and efforts to educate me are for naught, but I have in fact taken possession of a Riley Defense RAK 47-C. The parts are forged, and the rivets look good. I’ve yet to fire a single round trough it due to the Covid situation, but I love it the look and feel of it. I’ll report back later when I’ve had the chance to put a few miles on it. Kinda feel like a pariah at the moment, but hopefully some of you will still talk to me. :ninja:

No. Forget it. Just fall in your sword now and we might forgive your family and subsequent generations.

Qapla!

(Oh, and do make sure you will that AK to the LGC foundation for good measure. Thanks.)
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Read a lot of negative comments from others about the Riley Defense RAK47-C from people who never owned one or fired one. I own & fired 3,000+ rounds out of it. It's as good, if not better than my WASR. it's built solid & better than the more expensive Eastern Bloc made, excluding the original Kalashnikov which is top of the line. American made Riley Defense is for real & they long ago worked out any defects, serial number above 4000 & you have an excellent AKM firearm. Shoots on target, round after round, no loosening of any parts, & looks beautiful in solid teak furniture. I changed the grip out to solid teak ordered from guy who hand makes them & stains to your expectations. These are not cheaply made & yes the forged trunion is the real deal. If you never owned or shot an RAK47-C you have no reason to put this awesome American AK down. All my firearm buddies are amazed at the quality & accuracy at 250 yards. Several have now bought their own.

Gimme a break Vlad! I don’t believe you even own a gun. You sound like a 13 y/o with a hard-on for your Airsoft AK (with custom stained teakwood patio furniture).
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Vladimir wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:35 am Read a lot of negative comments from others about the Riley Defense RAK47-C from people who never owned one or fired one. I own & fired 3,000+ rounds out of it. It's as good, if not better than my WASR. it's built solid & better than the more expensive Eastern Bloc made, excluding the original Kalashnikov which is top of the line. American made Riley Defense is for real & they long ago worked out any defects, serial number above 4000 & you have an excellent AKM firearm. Shoots on target, round after round, no loosening of any parts, & looks beautiful in solid teak furniture. I changed the grip out to solid teak ordered from guy who hand makes them & stains to your expectations. These are not cheaply made & yes the forged trunion is the real deal. If you never owned or shot an RAK47-C you have no reason to put this awesome American AK down. All my firearm buddies are amazed at the quality & accuracy at 250 yards. Several have now bought their own.
I'm not saying you're a shill, but that's quite a defensive wall of text to throw out there just because some dudes pointed out problems/ cause for concern with a manufacturer you like. Your rifle works. For now. Cool. Enjoy your purchase, hope it continues working for you. I however will avoid that manufacturer and not recommend them over known quality imports.