Re: Considering buying my first AR, opinion on this?

That's actually not the worst deal right now. Assuming everything on the rifle was bought new, he probably paid:

Lower: $40+$20 FFL fee

PSA kit: looks like a standard Freedom Rifle Kit so $400, maybe $300-$350 if he caught a sale

Bushnell scope: entry level 1-4x24 so $150-200

Magpul rear MBUS: $50

3x PMAG: 3x$10=$30

So around $650-$750 all-in brand new. If it's only lightly used, it's a decent price in this market. I'd see if you can get him closer to $450 but what he's asking isn't unreasonable.

mattgunguy wrote:PSA has some of the nicest barrels out right now. They've been using FN chf barrels. Hard to beat Fabrique National.

I'd jump on it for that price. Even it the barrel is a different manufacturer than FN.
Only their Premium CHF line is made by FN. Their regular barrels are quite nice though too, I get pretty close to 1 MOA out of my 223 Wylde from them with the right ammo when I do my job

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16- ... e-kit.html

$599 is premium? I'd hate to see the cheap stuff. Talked 3 of my coworkers into this particular kit a couple weeks back. Walked all 3 of them through putting 4 kits together. And another Ar was born. I'm generally off on a .30 cal tangent lately, with some 6.5 thrown in to even the mix. Not paying to much attention to Ar stuff.

They know I'm left of their right. But, I'm the company firearms encyclopedia. So they just shake their heads in disbelief & laugh.

I'll at least make libertarians out of them someday.
Screw communism

mattgunguy wrote:https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16- ... e-kit.html

$599 is premium? I'd hate to see the cheap stuff. Talked 3 of my coworkers into this particular kit a couple weeks back. Walked all 3 of them through putting 4 kits together. And another Ar was born. I'm generally off on a .30 cal tangent lately, with some 6.5 thrown in to even the mix. Not paying to much attention to Ar stuff.

They know I'm left of their right. But, I'm the company firearms encyclopedia. So they just shake their heads in disbelief & laugh.

I'll at least make libertarians out of them someday.
Yup, the only other company I know of who beats their prices on rifles with CHF barrels is Ruger, and that's because their rotary forge was paid for like 100 years ago so they just put a CHF barrel on everything cuz why not.

The couple of right-wing gun guys I know well just shake their heads and laugh too, I'm no expert but compared to them I'm a firearms encyclopedia. One guy loves to joke "you know, you buy a few more guns and you'll be voting for Trump!" We both laugh, I throw up in my mouth a little bit, then we laugh again. Funny enough, he's the one I've gotten to start considering universal healthcare as a legitimate policy idea, whether he's convinced or not.