7.62x39 AR magazines.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for this. My7.62×39mm AR-15 is a pistol with a carbine length gas system. I am having trouble finding reliable mags for it. The one that came with it is the only one I have that'll feed with a full 30 rounds. 2 of 3 ASC mags I bought will work when loaded with 25 rounds, and one won't function reliably at all.

Of course the original magazine isn't marked with any manufacturer info. Does anyone have any suggestions for a reliable option that will perform at its advertized capacity.

Re: 7.62x39 AR magazines.

NP. Yeah, the right magazine makes the difference with one of these between wanting to toss it or keep shooting it. And it's not like you can go get a Magpul from anywhere.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:37 pm NP. Yeah, the right magazine makes the difference with one of these between wanting to toss it or keep shooting it. And it's not like you can go get a Magpul from anywhere.
Yes, it's a lot of fun with the one mag that works flawlessly. It's still fun with 20 or so rounds in the other two semi-functional mags, but dropping a mag to see what was wrong and dumping rounds everywhere was a definite buzz-kill :angry:

I don't have a lot of experience with AKs, but in 11 years of military service I learned to appreciate the AR platform, if not the 5.56 round. I think the 7.62 Soviet round and the AR platform is the best of both worlds; more so when you reduce the barrel length and give up the 5.56 round's only advantage, velocity.

jimg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:10 pm I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for this. My7.62×39mm AR-15 is a pistol with a carbine length gas system. I am having trouble finding reliable mags for it. The one that came with it is the only one I have that'll feed with a full 30 rounds. 2 of 3 ASC mags I bought will work when loaded with 25 rounds, and one won't function reliably at all.

Of course the original magazine isn't marked with any manufacturer info. Does anyone have any suggestions for a reliable option that will perform at its advertized capacity.
ASC had coatings problems on the inside of the 762x39 magazines, Call ASC TEch Support, They will replace. no problems with CProducts.