Re: Because I always wanted one.

Marlene wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:49 am My ability to asses gun quality doesn’t need racism as a crutch; they make some good guns in Brazil and some ok guns.
We had a Brazilian (IGA/Stoeger) side-by-side 20 gauge on the farm that was superb. Always went "Bang!" when you pulled the trigger, always splattered shot in the right direction, and looked good doing it. I hated to sell it, but moving to a little house "in town" saw it's need disappear.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Bullitt68 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:45 am
Marlene wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:49 am Very nice! You’re gonna have so much fun :)

My ability to asses gun quality doesn’t need racism as a crutch.
One would hope not. I'm not fond of their government or environmental policies.
Right now, I'm not fond of the USA's government or environmental policies either - but I'd still buy an American gun.

To put it another way - What's your point?

"Because I always wanted one" is a fine reason, the same reason I used to get my Springer 1911. I researched a lot, handled a lot, talked to folks, then got it. I do like a lever. Have a nice Marlin. Yours looks pretty sweet.

Getting what one wants after having long wanted it is strongly under rated, I say. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it's sweet.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:19 pm "Because I always wanted one" is a fine reason, the same reason I used to get my Springer 1911. I researched a lot, handled a lot, talked to folks, then got it. I do like a lever. Have a nice Marlin. Yours looks pretty sweet.

Getting what one wants after having long wanted it is strongly under rated, I say. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it's sweet.

CDFingers
:beer2: :goodpost:

If you really ever need more from that beauty check this out from Buffalo Bore.
Make special note of the Marlin 1894, 18.5-inch barrel velocities. Item 19C/20 supersedes 30-30 energies!!!
https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l ... tail&p=100
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Thanks, all, for the kind words and suggestions.

On the road today so I missed much of the discussion. It is a rare treat to finally get something you’ve been jonesing for for years. I’ll let you know how wide my smile is after I shoot it.

The Buffalo Bore stuff looks interesting. I may need to order some.

You all are very special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk