Re: My compass of desire keeps coming back to an AR-10

JohnNewell wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:59 pm Tuxedo the Cat is sleeping on my desk as I type this. He clearly has more soul than my first -ex, and she argued that her church (very conservative semi-Baptists) said that pets don't go to Heaven. I would have to disagree.
They don't go to Heaven with people like HER! Lucky for her I'm a devout Agnostic because otherwise I'd believe NONE of those hateful, closed-minded people are going to heaven.

Hmmmm....Logically, I STILL believe they aren't going to Heaven, but that's because I find the idea of being alive after we die to be inane!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

JohnNewell wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:59 pm Tuxedo the Cat is sleeping on my desk as I type this. He clearly has more soul than my first -ex, and she argued that her church (very conservative semi-Baptists) said that pets don't go to Heaven. I would have to disagree.
Do you remember the old Twilight Zone episode about the farmer and his dog? It highlighted that, if you can't bring your dog in that place, it is Hell, not Heaven. Only Hell would make you spend eternity away from your dog (or other pet).
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Bang wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:27 am I want an AR-10. The bigger, beefier brother of the AR-15. An Brownell's is making waffle mags for them these days, which look so spiffy.

Who's currently making quality AR-10s? And what's a good price range to look for?
Now that we've gone from AR-10's to whether our beloved kitties and puppies go to heaven, have you decided what you want to get?
A bunch of us shot my still very new Windham Hunter and everyone really enjoyed it, even with not-so-good glass.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

K9s wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 pm
Do you remember the old Twilight Zone episode about the farmer and his dog? It highlighted that, if you can't bring your dog in that place, it is Hell, not Heaven. Only Hell would make you spend eternity away from your dog (or other pet).

Agreed. If there is indeed a Heaven, then it's full of our beloved pets.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 pm
K9s wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:53 pm Sorry... The thread started last May. My mind wandered.

I assume Bang wants .308 and not something else? Target shooting?
SubRosa sent me some really nice 7.62 ammo for it that shot really well.

I have been shooting some inexpensive .308 out of my AR10 (see, back on topic!) but it's steel cased. Thoughts? Will it damage the weapon?

(Wolf "Military Classic" to be specific. 168 grain.)

lurker wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:45 pm
JohnNewell wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 pm (Wolf "Military Classic" to be specific. 168 grain.)
i'm not comfortable buying russian product. not sure about brazilian, either.
I bought some Tulla. It's real garbage. Too much of the charge doesn't ignite till it leaves the muzzle, giving a nasty flash, throwing sparks, and the shell will burn you. One RSO asked me not to shoot it, actually ordered me not to, but he was very nice about it. Of COURSE I complied.

Be a man among men...buy a FAL. :evil:

A pretty snazzy slogan from the Rhodesians, and the worldwide love of that rifle.

Shorts & boonie hats optional. :smart:

Here is an example: ( I have no connection to this ad)

https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445389

S u b R o s a
Last edited by SubRosa on Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

The only reason to buy Russki ammo is that for AK's and SKS's.

They like to eat that lacquered stuff, for that is what they were designed to use.

No one else has any available now other than brass, which for some reason, refuses to work properly in certain examples.

Mossys seem to be immune to working poorly with brass cases, so purchase accordingly.

S u b R o s a
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

I am going to order some more of the Wolf, since it's cheap at Sportsman's Guide, and has so far (40-60 rounds worth) proven to be reliable and reasonably accurate. The entire rifle isn't meant to be super-precise but I can pretty reliably hit a man-sized target at 300 yards.

Anyway, that may be an answer to the expense of .308.

Now ... when we go to a 6.5 Creedmoor upper for the AR10 that will be a different matter ... :laugh: :roll:

JohnNewell wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:56 am I am going to order some more of the Wolf, since it's cheap at Sportsman's Guide, and has so far (40-60 rounds worth) proven to be reliable and reasonably accurate. The entire rifle isn't meant to be super-precise but I can pretty reliably hit a man-sized target at 300 yards.

Anyway, that may be an answer to the expense of .308.

Now ... when we go to a 6.5 Creedmoor upper for the AR10 that will be a different matter ... :laugh: :roll:
6.5 CM is good shit, but at current prices you should probably reload...