Electoral College, Liberals, Guns, And a Recipe for Change?

Silly season is upon us, keep it civil, but this lets folks who don't want to watch the train wreck more easily avoid forced rubber necking.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

AndyH
Banned

Electoral College, Liberals, Guns, And a Recipe for Change?

Post by AndyH »

I can't vouch for either the platform or the author, but this was a fun piece to read anyway. And hey - it's got liberals and guns. ;)

http://www.newslogue.com/debate/199
Unless You Are Willing To Personally Fight In A Civil War, Shut Up About Faithless Electors
:shock:

HuckleberryFun
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Electoral College, Liberals, Guns, And a Recipe for Chan

Post by HuckleberryFun »

AndyH wrote:I can't vouch for either the platform or the author, but this was a fun piece to read anyway. And hey - it's got liberals and guns. ;)

http://www.newslogue.com/debate/199
Unless You Are Willing To Personally Fight In A Civil War, Shut Up About Faithless Electors
:shock:
I am personally willing to fight in a civil war. Just itching for an excuse. Not shutting up.
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

EdC
Been around awhile

Post by EdC »

That was a good article. Trump won in what passes as a fair and square election these days. However, I wonder if there are already a lot of Trump voters experiencing buyer's remorse, and wouldn't really mind Trump getting bumped and the decision going to a Republican congress.

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

"the cowardice and immaturity of the average American liberal is a threat to national security."
fixed it for them.

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

There will be sixteen wanna be Rambos who try a civil war. Most Trumpers are cowards, blowhards, fakirs. Those sixteen will be mowed down.

Now, whether sufficient electors change will be interesting to watch. If T does not get it and they give it to H, some redstates will whine, but eventually the rule of law will triumph. A zillion options exist.

I'm not putting any money on the electors not going Trump. They're scared shitless of him. I find him laughable, but that's me.

CDFingers
ImageImage
We can share what we got of yours
'cause we done shared all of mine.

inomaha
Loquacious

Post by inomaha »

Hillary Clinton will not be the next president of the United States. They just need to come to grips with it and work for a peaceful transition.

She lost in a large majority of states and counties in the US. Electors in most states are selected by the party that won that state (hence Nancy Pelosi's daughter being an elector from CA). There is virtually no way the Republican electors will vote against Donald Trump if they want to remain in the political party. Even less if they want to live a normal life in the state they just shafted.

Even if Trump doesn't get to 270, the Senate will pick him and the House will pick Pence. But it will require 37 hand selected Republican party members to vote for someone else. Hand selected Republican party members are not going to vote for Hillary Clinton over their party's candidate. That's not going to happen.

If somehow, Clinton ends up as President, it would create a constitutional crisis. In order for that to happen, something hugely unethical and likely criminal will have occured in the background.
Brian

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

inomaha wrote:Hillary Clinton will not be the next president of the United States. They just need to come to grips with it and work for a peaceful transition.
i agree, it's likely a vain irrational hope that trump will get the boot he so richly deserves, and i doubt that hillary would be the dissenters' candidate of choice. i'd be happy to take nearly ANY of the other republicans at this point, or preferably any of the other dems. and donald has ticked off a lot of republicans, so it's possible, but highly unlikely. the only thing that could have changed the outcome was discovery of massive vote-counting fraud in the recounts, and that's not happening, so... :wavecry: i think we're going to have to just suck it up, try to not lose too much ground, and work toward 2018 and 2020.

galaxy
Helpful Contributor

Post by galaxy »

I've never thought there would be enough change in electoral votes. There is so much disregard for laws, rules, traditions, etc. in this election and forming of the T administration, I worry that there will ever be another transfer of power. The T dynasty may not give it up when the time comes. I hope for his supporters becoming dissatisfied, while I fear the possibility of a modern day SS.

I agree with the article that liberals and progressives need to be very real and very practical now (at least that was my take-away).