Re: Trump denying CIA intel on Russia may bite him

Since he is into conspiracy theories all the CIA has to tell him is to straighten up and never piss off the CIA or remember JFK the last president that really pissed off the CIA.
:whistle:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Trump campaigned on the idea that he was the smartest guy in the room. We're talking about a man who proudly proclaimed, "I know more about ISIS than the generals."

And we handed him the presidency.

Why shouldn't he think he knows more than the CIA? We have, as a nation, vindicated, indeed rewarded, his towering arrogance.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

Government leaks at all levels and during the Trump Administration I expect the Federal Government will leak a lot more than normal. Trump lies and lies and lies and blames everyone, he's not going to change just because he's in the big house. I don't think Federal employees are going to sit back and let him lie his way through four years and get blamed for his incompetence. There will be plenty of friendly journalists to help them get the truth out.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote:Government leaks at all levels and during the Trump Administration I expect the Federal Government will leak a lot more than normal. Trump lies and lies and lies and blames everyone, he's not going to change just because he's in the big house. I don't think Federal employees are going to sit back and let him lie his way through four years and get blamed for his incompetence. There will be plenty of friendly journalists to help them get the truth out.
In normal circumstances that would be how it works, but Trump has managed to preempt any negative coverage by pissing and moaning about unfair media coverage. In the eyes of his followers, he's effectively inoculated against any scandal. He just has to whine about the media being meanies and his followers will disregard any negative stories without regard for the truth.
Do you believe in unlikelihoods?

He didn't win by a landslide, about 100,000 votes over three key states, he doesn't have a popular mandate. He yelled that the election was rigged until he won. He likes to yell wolf and then deny he said it. I'm optimistic that the drip, drip, drip of negative stories will undermine him.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote:He didn't win by a landslide, about 100,000 votes over three key states, he doesn't have a popular mandate. He yelled that the election was rigged until he won. He likes to yell wolf and then deny he said it. I'm optimistic that the drip, drip, drip of negative stories will undermine him.
That's what I thought would happen in the primaries, and then again in the general election, yet here we are.
Do you believe in unlikelihoods?