Trump to move us embassy to Jerusalem

Silly season is upon us, keep it civil, but this lets folks who don't want to watch the train wreck more easily avoid forced rubber necking.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

dandad
Carpal Tunnel

Trump to move us embassy to Jerusalem

Post by dandad »

http://m.jpost.com/American-Politics/Bi ... ays-475160

So this will end well. Not

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

whitey
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Trump to move us embassy to Jerusalem

Post by whitey »

Well where else do you expect Jesus to apply for political asylum at when he returns?
*DISCLAIMER* This post may have been made from a barstool.

laragc

Post by laragc »

And when it is bombed repeatedly and lives are lost, it will STILL somehow be Clinton's fault.

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

Oh, yeah. That's just exactly what we need, outside of more West Bank settlements that plow under Arab olive groves. Not.

CDFingers
ImageImage
We can share what we got of yours
'cause we done shared all of mine.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

Congress has bristled at the executive branch’s refusal to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and in 1995 passed legislation requiring that the U.S. embassy be relocated there.

But the 1995 Jerusalem Embassy act allows the president to waive that order for six month periods for national security reasons, which presidents from both parties have consistently done since the law

Mr. Trump pledged repeatedly on the campaign trail to move the embassy. However, former presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush made similar comments as candidates that went unfulfilled.

“Every other candidate made the promise but did not act on it because of being told it would inflame opinion throughout the Arab world and potentially trigger violent demonstrations against our embassies,” said Dennis Ross, who advised multiple presidents on the Middle East, including President Barack Obama.

It’s unclear exactly where Mr. Trump would move the U.S. embassy, but its location could make a difference. Mr. Ross, now at the Washington Institute, said that practically speaking, moving the embassy to West Jerusalem shouldn’t affect the eventual “final status” of the city because few question whether that area of the city would be part of Israel in any final settlement of the decades-old conflict.

“But Jerusalem for both Israelis and Palestinians (and Arabs) is an emotional issue and it is easy to ratchet up those emotions when it appears the future of the city is being affected. Rational arguments don’t tend to be heard,” he said.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-consi ... 1481579944
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by TrueTexan »

Trump would like to move the embassy to Jerusalem, but only if he can build the tower to house it on the Temple Mount and named it after himself. :sarcasm:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift