Rick Perry leading the pack for Sec. Dept. Of Energy

Silly season is upon us, keep it civil, but this lets folks who don't want to watch the train wreck more easily avoid forced rubber necking.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

Rick Perry leading the pack for Sec. Dept. Of Energy

Post by TrueTexan »

Hello oil companies. Rick "I Forgot" Perry is leading candidate for Secretary of the Department of Energy. Goodbye renewables.
Donald Trump has narrowed his search for energy secretary to four people, with former Texas Governor Rick Perry the leading candidate.

People familiar with the president-elect’s selection process said two Democratic senators from energy-producing states -- Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia -- are also in the mix, along with Ray Washburne, a Dallas investor and former chairman of the Republican National Committee.

If Trump picks any of the four he’ll break with recent tradition of putting scientists at the top of the Energy Department. Among other things, the agency is responsible for policies on the safe handling of nuclear material and on emerging energy technologies.

Trump met with Perry and Washburne while attending the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore on Saturday. It was at least the second time he’d spoken to the men for potential roles in the new administration. Trump interviewed Heitkamp at Trump Tower in New York on Dec. 2, and is scheduled to meet with Manchin on Monday.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... -secretary
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

CottonMcKnight77
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Rick Perry leading the pack for Sec. Dept. Of Energy

Post by CottonMcKnight77 »

Is this a massive troll job? Wasn't Energy the Cabinet Department Perry forgot in his hilarious "Oops Moment" in 2012? And now Trump wants him to run it. Seems like trolling.

And I wonder Governor Goodhair (Molly Ivins was a national treasure and is missed now more than ever) is going to be excising the cancer to the conservative movement that is Trump from within his cabinet.

Satire fails in times like these.
Do you believe in unlikelihoods?

dandad
Carpal Tunnel

Post by dandad »

Oh great. Nothing like putting a den of foxes in charge of the chicken coup.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

CottonMcKnight77 wrote:Is this a massive troll job? Wasn't Energy the Cabinet Department Perry forgot in his hilarious "Oops Moment" in 2012? And now Trump wants him to run it. Seems like trolling.

And I wonder Governor Goodhair (Molly Ivins was a national treasure and is missed now more than ever) is going to be excising the cancer to the conservative movement that is Trump from within his cabinet.

Governor Goodhair, I forgot that was her nickname for Perry. I so miss Molly Ivins, she had a wonderful way with words. And she was a straight talker about the good ole boys in the Austin Capitol and all their mischief. Molly and Ann Richards were friends, both former drinkers.

Perry when he was campaigning, I believe in PA during one of his runs for the big house.
Attachments
FEDvf.jpg
FEDvf.jpg (17.73 KiB) Viewed 2299 times
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Simmer down
Site Admin

Post by Simmer down »

Trump seems to like to make nice with people who have called him out. They let their guard now and he smacks them. They go home crying. Right, Mitt?
Image Image Image
Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

CottonMcKnight77
Verified Member
Verified Member

highdesert wrote:
CottonMcKnight77 wrote:Is this a massive troll job? Wasn't Energy the Cabinet Department Perry forgot in his hilarious "Oops Moment" in 2012? And now Trump wants him to run it. Seems like trolling.

Governor Goodhair, I forgot that was her nickname for Perry. I so miss Molly Ivins, she had a wonderful way with words. And she was a straight talker about the good ole boys in the Austin Capitol and all their mischief. Molly and Ann Richards were friends, both former drinkers.

Perry when he was campaigning, I believe in PA during one of his runs for the big house.
That has to be a Photoshop... doesn't it? :clap2:

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

CottonMcKnight77 wrote:
As far as I know it is not, he was eating a corndog (maybe his dentures slipped) under a reproduction of Michelangelo's Adam and a photographer snapped it. Priceless! Perry never came across as too bright.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CottonMcKnight77
Verified Member
Verified Member

highdesert wrote:
CottonMcKnight77 wrote:
As far as I know it is not, he was eating a corndog (maybe his dentures slipped) under a reproduction of Michelangelo's Adam and a photographer snapped it. Priceless! Perry never came across as too bright.
To be fair to Perry, there are quite a few unfortunate corndog-related pictures out there.