Re: 60 Minutes Interview with Trump and Family

When asked about the popular vote:
Lesley Stahl of CBS News was pressing him on whether he still thought the election was rigged, an accusation he made repeatedly in the weeks running up to Election Day. He finally replied:

“I hated — well, you know, I’m not going to change my mind just because I won. But I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win. There’s a reason for doing this because it brings all the states into play — Electoral College, and there’s something very good about that. But this is a different system. But I respect it. I do respect the system.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/14/us/po ... .html?_r=1
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote:When asked about the popular vote:
Lesley Stahl of CBS News was pressing him on whether he still thought the election was rigged, an accusation he made repeatedly in the weeks running up to Election Day. He finally replied:

“I hated — well, you know, I’m not going to change my mind just because I won. But I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win. There’s a reason for doing this because it brings all the states into play — Electoral College, and there’s something very good about that. But this is a different system. But I respect it. I do respect the system.”
God, I wish for once he would a) form a coherent sentence that b) didn't contradict itself halfway through. <sheesh!>
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote:
highdesert wrote:When asked about the popular vote:

God, I wish for once he would a) form a coherent sentence that b) didn't contradict itself halfway through. <sheesh!>
Clearly, Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before. :hmmm:

TavorLib
When they kick in your front door how ya gonna come?
With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?
-- The Clash