Mike Pence Prepares To Run Trump: The Country

For those who hoped a Trump administration would moderate some of its hard line right wing views, guess again:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... spartanntp
This is the asshole who will be running the country come January. Just like Trump's son said during the campaign.
"... the rich rob the poor under the cover of law. We plunder the rich under the cover of our own courage." - Captain " Black Sam" Bellamy ( executed for piracy, 1717).

Re: Mike Pence Prepares To Run Trump: The Country

It's going to be pretty awful, Ben Carson and Palin are being talked about, and if the donald were to even try to implement any of his proposals both sides in the legislative branch will fight it to protect business interests. If anybody thinks that 2018 or 2020 is going to make any kind of change just look at the dems plans to come, Schumer for minority leader, Mr wallstreet. The dems snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and what they gave us is not hitler or mussollini but caligula. According to the Canadian press in his last days in office Obama is going to try to push TPP through the lame duck congress, wow what a guy, how about maybe pardoning Leonard Peltier? The democratic party has rotted from the top down and we will all suffer for it, well not wallstreet but the rest of us will.

The only thing they can't counter is profit made via alternatives.
Tesla’s manufacturing and assembly are done almost entirely in California and Nevada. Tesla also plans to begin solar-panel production next year at SolarCity’s massive plant in Buffalo, N.Y. Tariffs on solar panels made outside the U.S. would make Tesla's American-made products more competitive.
In the end, the confluence of all of these forces, but especially the precipitous decline of coal and increasing affordability of renewable sources of energy, is probably too strong to be reversed by the incoming Republican administration. That’s good news for Tesla, and a lot of other companies working to clean up the energy supply.
link:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... mp-s-world

If renewables make more profit than does coal and oil, nothing can stop the change.
16. A deal is a deal ... until a better one comes along
https://projectsanctuary.com/the_comple ... sition.htm

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

comedian wrote:Caligula. I like that. Much more apt than Hitler or Mussolini.
Maybe we could change it to Caligula's pencil. I looked it up and pencil is a derivative from Latin meaning small penis.

Not such a. YUGE deal.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote:
comedian wrote:Caligula. I like that. Much more apt than Hitler or Mussolini.
Maybe we could change it to Caligula's pencil. I looked it up and pencil is a derivative from Latin meaning small penis.

Not such a. YUGE deal.
You mean Pence-il, right?
"... the rich rob the poor under the cover of law. We plunder the rich under the cover of our own courage." - Captain " Black Sam" Bellamy ( executed for piracy, 1717).

The internecine battles are already starting in Trump's transition team. The Trump Team (Kushner) vs the Rep establishment (Christie/Priebus) vs Tea Party (Pence). Trump's son in law Jared Kushner (Ivanka's husband) has been a big voice in the campaign and Chris Christie, a big Trump supporter.
“The Christie people are from New Jersey, they act like they’re in charge, and Jared Kushner is like, ‘You're not really in charge.’”

The other pointed out that Kushner’s father was prosecuted and convicted for tax evasion, illegal campaign donations and witness tampering by Christie during his time as a U.S. attorney.

“Jared doesn’t like Christie,” the person said. “He’s always held that against Christie.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/d ... als-231277 :ha:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

With Pence in the Drivers seat for Trump we could see a regression in civil rights for minorities. Especially the LGBTQ and non-Christian religious minorities.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mik ... 21bbc8ff9b
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote:With Pence in the Drivers seat for Trump we could see a regression in civil rights for minorities. Especially the LGBTQ and non-Christian religious minorities.

Could?
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

Greengunner wrote:
TrueTexan wrote:With Pence in the Drivers seat for Trump we could see a regression in civil rights for minorities. Especially the LGBTQ and non-Christian religious minorities.

Could?
No doubt! What's already there will 'just' accelerate. This election was like pulling the control rods out of the hate reactor.
eelj wrote: According to the Canadian press in his last days in office Obama is going to try to push TPP through the lame duck congress...
I've seen a couple of media rumblings that suggest TPP is dead.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... r-leaders/

Now we have the architect of anti-immigrant polices joining the Trump transition team
Kris Kobach, the secretary of state of Kansas and a leading architect of draconian anti-immigrant and voter suppression laws around the nation, will reportedly be serving on Donald Trump’s presidential transition team as an immigration adviser. As the Wall Street Journal notes, Trump “has vowed to cancel President Obama’s promise to protect from deportation undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children, and start deporting as many as two million undocumented immigrants with criminal records.”

According to the Journal, the transition team “includes a unit dedicated to figuring out how to build Mr. Trump’s wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.” Back in April, Kobach took credit for Trump’s plan to blackmail Mexico into paying for a border wall by impounding remittances that immigrants send home to their families. A few months later, he was responsible for getting the wall into the Republican Party platform.

Earlier this year, Kobach complained that Immigration and Customs Enforcement wasn’t just rounding up and deporting undocumented immigrants who show up to protests or to testify before legislatures.

Kobach is the force behind anti-immigrant laws throughout the country, including infamously draconian measures in Arizona and Alabama (former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who signed that state’s law, is reportedly being considered for a Trump cabinet post). As Salon’s Amanda Marcotte wrote recently:
http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/kris ... ition-team

Is every rightwing bigoted loser going to be in the Cabinet?

What's next appointing Sheriff Joe to head INS?

TrueTexan wrote:Now we have the architect of anti-immigrant polices joining the Trump transition team
Kris Kobach, the secretary of state of Kansas and a leading architect of draconian anti-immigrant and voter suppression laws around the nation, will reportedly be serving on Donald Trump’s presidential transition team as an immigration adviser. As the Wall Street Journal notes, Trump “has vowed to cancel President Obama’s promise to protect from deportation undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children, and start deporting as many as two million undocumented immigrants with criminal records.”

According to the Journal, the transition team “includes a unit dedicated to figuring out how to build Mr. Trump’s wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.” Back in April, Kobach took credit for Trump’s plan to blackmail Mexico into paying for a border wall by impounding remittances that immigrants send home to their families. A few months later, he was responsible for getting the wall into the Republican Party platform.

Earlier this year, Kobach complained that Immigration and Customs Enforcement wasn’t just rounding up and deporting undocumented immigrants who show up to protests or to testify before legislatures.

Kobach is the force behind anti-immigrant laws throughout the country, including infamously draconian measures in Arizona and Alabama (former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who signed that state’s law, is reportedly being considered for a Trump cabinet post). As Salon’s Amanda Marcotte wrote recently:
http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/kris ... ition-team

Is every rightwing bigoted loser going to be in the Cabinet?

What's next appointing Sheriff Joe to head INS?
Worse. Sheriff Joe is rumored to be Trump's pick for The Dept. Of Homeland Security.
I shit you not.

TrueTexan wrote: Is every rightwing bigoted loser going to be in the Cabinet?
no, there are far more than can be jammed in a cabinet.
this is a bloodless (so far) coup by a factional party which has found a charismatic (in some weird way) figurehead, and slithered their way into power. now that donald has won the ribbon, will he be satisfied to let others run the show, or will the actual power call to him? what will he do with it?
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote:
TrueTexan wrote: Is every rightwing bigoted loser going to be in the Cabinet?
no, there are far more than can be jammed in a cabinet.
this is a bloodless (so far) coup by a factional party which has found a charismatic (in some weird way) figurehead, and slithered their way into power. now that donald has won the ribbon, will he be satisfied to let others run the show, or will the actual power call to him? what will he do with it?
I'm of a mixed mind on this. On one hand, I don't think the Donald actually wants to do the work required to run the country. So perhaps some of the crazier shit he has proposed will fall away when he sees how hard it would be to make happen. On the other hand, his administration seems to be full of nut jobs, so if Trump isn't running the show, what imbeciles will be? It's a shit sandwich any way you look at it, I guess.
Do you believe in unlikelihoods?

And every time the new Red Admin does something Red, their minions will feel a Freudensprünge.
"You get increased firing in a region where the animal is not being stimulated physically - they are anticipating the stimulation," said McGettigan, who studies emotional vocalizations in humans at the Royal Holloway University of London and was not involved in Ishiyama's research. "That's really intriguing in terms of trying to link this as a behavior that is mood dependent."

The "eurkea moment" came when the researchers used an electric current to artificially stimulate the targeted area of the brain. The rats immediately began to emit their laughter-like ultrasonic chirps, even though they weren't playing or being touched.
http://www.telegram.com/news/20161112/w ... or-science

Don't forget McCartyism, don't forget Japanese, German, and Italian immigrants rounded up, property confiscated, shipped to their own private Manzanars.

https://www.nps.gov/manz/learn/historyc ... nzanar.htm

No worries--they got to live in a National Park! Sweet! Oh, wait...

Don't forget Reagan: it's only one generation away, generationally forgetting what it was like to be or to have X.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I would sell my soul and at least one kidney to get out of this shit show. But at the same time, there is a small, cold, dark, evil part of me that's glad it happened. Why? Because I think we all deserve it.

At the end of the day, we get the government we deserve, and we deserve this.

Thought America was divided before? Get ready. It's about to get real fucking ugly out there.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

I've done some research on his new cabinet and it is worst then what most people are expecting. I didn't see too many fairy tale ogres and monsters that would bring a premature downfall to his admin, it's going to be what we would expect from a Jeb Bush admin, far from the draining of the swamp and something that will cause the media and the gutless dems to go along. Think reagan bush II. No mention of sheriff joe or palin but long time gop operatives like ed meese.

Well w e now have the two names of his chief of staff and chief strategist.
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus was named chief of staff for President-elect Donald Trump, the transition team announced Sunday.

Since Tuesday’s election, Priebus had been floated as a leading candidate for the post, along with Trump campaign CEO Steve Bannon and former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.

Bannon, the former chairman of the conservative Breitbart News, was named Trump’s chief strategist and senior counselor on Sunday. He was notably listed higher in the press release announcing the two appointments, suggesting that he will play a major role in the Trump administration.

Breitbart promulgated much of the white nationalist and racist rhetoric that served as a foundation of Trump’s presidential campaign. Bannon has also espoused white nationalist ― and reportedly anti-Semitic ― views of his own.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rei ... adb56ef668

Greengunner wrote:I would sell my soul and at least one kidney to get out of this shit show. But at the same time, there is a small, cold, dark, evil part of me that's glad it happened. Why? Because I think we all deserve it.

At the end of the day, we get the government we deserve, and we deserve this.

Thought America was divided before? Get ready. It's about to get real fucking ugly out there.
I'm keeping one eye open, looking for the faint glimmer of the thing that will bring us together. So far, though, it appears the division is continuing to grow. Inertia...