Re: California voters approve gun control measure Propositio

You voted to legalize marijuana. You had to pass Prop 63 so the drug dealers would continue to have a business model.

I can see it now. "Hey Man I got some good Federal 9mm in and some hits box 45acp, not reloads but pure factory. Only the best for you " :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Stupid proposition championed by Lt Gov Gavin Newsom who hopes to be the next governor in 2018 when Gov. Jerry Brown terms out. This will likely end up in the courts. Even the LA Times recommended voting against this ballot proposition. There were 17 ballot propositions on the election ballot, far too many for most people to research.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CDFingers wrote:My friend Bruce the FFL's business will increase, so I'm happy for him. It'll cost me a few more kopecs a year to shoot, but I'll get my license from him.

I'm about to start a new business serializing bullets and cases because the future. :ninja:

CDFingers
I don't recall, does Prop 63 apply to mail order ammo? Maybe I'll have to start reloading.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

laragc wrote:Well, we certainly did what we could to stop it. Even a tiny bit of help from the (*gasp*) NRA, who have entirely abandoned California, would have been nice.

Yes, it applies to mail order ammo. Sigh.
Thanks, that's what I thought. I think Calguns, 2nd Amendment foundation or another group would have a good chance overturning it in court. A previous gun law was overturned after one of the groups went judge shopping - in that case I think state DOJ was relieved because they knew it was going to be a nightmare to administer.

Well, that's kinda the problem with many of these "laws". They are so open ended and lack strict definitions that enforcing the laws will be both difficult for law enforcement and dangerous due to over-eager county/state attorney's wishing to make you their test-case career move.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

BKinzey wrote:
laragc wrote:Well, we certainly did what we could to stop it. Even a tiny bit of help from the (*gasp*) NRA, who have entirely abandoned California, would have been nice.

So the NRA didn't work with the CRPA to defeat this? The NRA could do more but I don't see the "abandoned" part.
My understanding is NRA did very little, Nevada also had a gun proposition and they spent their time fighting it. CRPA or 2nd Amendment Foundation and Calguns seem more likely champions in a court fight.

highdesert wrote:
BKinzey wrote:

So the NRA didn't work with the CRPA to defeat this? The NRA could do more but I don't see the "abandoned" part.
My understanding is NRA did very little, Nevada also had a gun proposition and they spent their time fighting it. CRPA or 2nd Amendment Foundation and Calguns seem more likely champions in a court fight.
I saw two articles where the NRA is playing the "long game," pro 2A SCOTUS justices. Somehow that justifies their pathetic opposition to the proposition--for them.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Tex is right, it's coming.
"Hey Homie, I got the 9 mil today! The good stuff, loaded it myself! 124 grains of unmarked lead over pure powder man, not stepped on with fillers or nothin'. Go ahead and shoot one up bro, it burns clean. Guaranteed at least 4.2 grains in each round, you know what I'm saying!"
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

They are already gearing up for the legal battle. Interesting Chuck Michel quote in Mother Jones article:
"I want to thank Gavin Newsom [Lt Gov] and Kevin De León [State Sen}, because what they have done is really stuck their finger in the eye of gun owners to the point where gun owners have now woken up and will engage to a degree that they haven't before," he says. "The PAC that we created to deal with Prop 63 will survive Prop 63. The coalition of civil rights and civil liberties groups and gun owner groups that have come together to fight 63 will stay together to fight the next battle. Gavin Newsom, I think, has created a monster."
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... fornia-nra

Bearing Arms also had an article.
http://bearingarms.com/erika-h/2016/11/ ... ke-action/

I've noticed some ammo prices already going up, vendors will have added costs and it will get passed to us.