Blog - Your Hump Day Reading List for July 1, 2020

Welcome to your Hump Day Reading List!  This is your refuge from the impersonal Google and FaceBook algorithms that seem to run our lives these days. Instead of a machine deciding what you’ll see, I personally go out and look for great articles that actually have value in the quest for greater personal and family safety. From all of the articles that I find, I weed out the “fake news” and those that don’t have direct application to some aspect of preparedness. Then, to fight the growing scourge of information overload, I distill everything down to what I believe to be the three most useful articles you can read right now, explain the context of those articles, and identify any bias so you can trust what you read.  It’s a more personal, more targeted, and more efficient way to get the information you need! Here’s what I’ve found for you this week: This week in Defensive Training and Gear:  
Do you carry a flashlight? Every day? You may have heard or read that I consider the modern, high-intensity flashlight to be the most important personal safety tool you can have on your person. It’s usable for a variety of safety-related tasks over a wide range of circumstances. It’s also one of the few things you can carry which can actually keep you out of trouble. This article looks at the flashlight from the standpoint of the concealed carry practitioner, but the lessons apply to everyone. This week in Personal Safety and Security:  
What if a riot erupts around you? With widespread unrest the order of the day, it’s now quite possible that you could get caught up in a spontaneous demonstration — or even an unexpected riot. What would you do? This article on flash mobs was written last year, but the recommendations remain sound. The spontaneous violent mob is no longer a theoretical concern, but one which you need to consider and plan for if you live, work, or travel in (even small) cities. This week in Preparedness and Health:  
Fire prevention is preparedness! Many people are into preparedness without even knowing it, simply because they’ve done something for fire protection in and around their homes. It’s surprising, then, that we don’t often see fire protection talked about in prepping circles! This article takes a broad look at fire sources and what you can do to prevent fires, or keep them from impacting you and your property. With summer fire season in swing across much of the country, you shouldn’t neglect this most basic preparedness category. – Grant Cunningham The post Your Hump Day Reading List for July 1, 2020 appeared first on www.GrantCunningham.com. This content originally appeared at text and was written by Grant Cunningham This content is syndicated and does not necessarily reflect the views or positions of The Liberal Gun Club

Source: https://www.grantcunningham.com/2020/07 ... ly-1-2020/