.22LR ammo...Aguila not what it used to be?

Anyone else suspect that Aguila .22s might not be as good as they used to be? My first bricks of their basic blue-box SV (about five years ago) really impressed me. Lately, I've not been feeling it's working quite as well.

I can't point to scores that show accuracy or anything, since my memory, shooting and record keeping are all too poor to support that. The biggest stumbling block has been my spousal critter's new (last year) MkIV Lite, which definitely hates the stuff and malfunctions right and left if fed it. It works fine with fancier SV stuff (Norma, Eley) so it's not just SV vs HV and a tight new gun.

Whether my MkIIs are really doing that much worse on it, I'm not as sure, but the honeymoon feeling is certainly over. Am I just being fickle, or what?
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: .22LR ammo...Aguila not what it used to be?

A few years back I bought a brick of Aquila and set it aside. I loaned a box of it to a friend, who told me he had "problems" with it. He even brought some back to me. When I tried it, I couldn't get minute-of-BARN-DOOR performance out of it, be it handgun or long gun.

Now, should it become necessary to use ammunition as currency, I know which brand will go first.

As always, and as this thread proves, YMMV

Re: .22LR ammo...Aguila not what it used to be?

Haven't tried Aguila yet. Mostly CCI variants, although one bulk box of Winchester JHPs. I spent one range trip this summer testing them all out against each other, and the Winchester rated right up there with Velocitors for accuracy and reliability out of my MkIV. Maybe a little better, but Velocitors remain my favorite. The first 100 of CCI's AR22 was accurate and reliable, but it didn't store well - burned thru the rest of the box last week, with light strikes on the last round of every mag, and a few other random FTFs besides. Probably batch-to-batch reliability issues, with a bad batch of primer in two of the three racks in that box. Mini-mags have been solid but a little less accurate than the subsonics and Clean-22s. Not impressed with pistol match. Did me no favors on Postal Match 22.