Finally cleaned it again. Installed new hammer bushing too

After conducting an extensive 'reliability' test on the Mark II, I decided it was finally time to clean it. Total round count was probably north of 1500. This includes a brick of Aguila 'regular blue box', half a brick of CCI standard, 100 rounds of CCI Target, 250 rounds of various Elly that I've been trying out and an unknown number of cheapo Federal auto-match. It was still shooting well, with the exception of the occasional failure to feed with CCI standard. Other ammo still worked fine. In the past, I've rarely gone beyond 500 rounds between cleanings. I like clean pistols. Cleaning them is zen for me. :evo:

Muzzle was dirty. Chamber face was dirty dirty (yes, that's double dirty). The area around the trigger group was unspeakably dirty. I am ashamed. :ninja: I actually sprayed parts cleaner into the lower to get the worst off. My Postal Match scores probably reflect the state of the pistol. I'm sticking to that excuse. :)

Anyway, when I put it back together, I replaced the hammer bushing with a Volquartsen bushing because I'd noticed some play on the hammer last time I cleaned it. It's a tighter fit, to be sure and seems to translate into a slightly cleaner release. I'll guess I'll find out next time I head to the range. Although, the results may be a wash due to the poor state of pistol hygiene prior to installation.

Another thing, it had been long enough since I cleaned it that I forgot which side of the doo-hickey the deally-bobber has to go on in order to assemble it correctly. Took me three tries. doh!

Re: Finally cleaned it again. Installed new hammer bushing too

I think I've reached a temporary state of grace, but I will be tested again when I do the same with the MKIII. The MKii doesn't scare me, much. The MKiii is new, everything fits tight and it has that stupid mag safety that complicates everything. I cleaned it once. once. I want to get rid of the mag safety so I'd like to either put an accurizing kit in the MKiii, or put one in the MKii and then move the MKii hammer/bushing to the MKiii. We'll see. I'm pretty cheap.