Getting a 455 UltraLux!

A great choice! I recently bought a new old stock 452 Trainer with a 24.8 inch barrel and tangent iron sights. It is awesome! With a scope and having not fiddled with torques on the mounting bolts - essentially fresh out of the box - it shoots 0.6 MOA at 100 meters. I also love the Euro style stock with the drop comp. it shoulders and comes on target with the irons faster than any rifle I have ever shot.

Pictures! When you get it, WE NEED PICTURES!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Getting a 455 UltraLux!

redstickboy wrote:Hopefully, Friday it will be delivered to my FFL guy. I was taken with the 28.6" barrel and iron sights. I want to try to shoot out to 100 yds with iron sights. I also have a Henry with the octagon barrel. Sweet-shooting lever gun!
:welcome:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Sweet! Going all WWI Olympian are we? I read somewhere the bullet from a high velocity round is slowing down by the time it leaves the crown of such a long-ass barrel. But you would likely be shooting sub-sonics for consistency, correct?

Oh, and :welcome: Post a little intro of yourself?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Sorry about the delay in commenting. Took the 455 out for it's first "test drive" last week. At 30 or so yds I was consistently hitting a 2" bulls eye with no adjustment at all. And I put all 10 rnds in a slightly larger ring. May not sound like great shooting to the regular folks but it impressed the hell out of me! Tried different brands of ammo and it appeared that Norma Match-22 40 grain lead round nose bullets were the slight favorite. The box read "target velocity 1100FPS which I think is just slightly sub-sonic. I ordered some add-ons from J&P and they came today. Got the ghost peep sight and set screws upgraded action screws, and springs. Be next week before I try it out again. So far, I REALLY like it. Already thinking af an additional barrel but not sure to go .22WMR or .17HMR. Any advice out there?

Getting a 455 UltraLux!

It’s a devastating little round on small game and pests, or so I hear. Although I never shoot beyond about 100meters, I recall that it is still supersonic beyond 200 yards. My 453 in .17 shoots like a laser at 100 meters, yielding groups better than .5 inch off a rest on a still day.

They are much more expensive than .22LR though. Shin is right though. I had no trouble finding ammo during the last shortage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a CZ 455 Lux and it's a fantastic rifle. I got set of springs from YoDave and took the trigger pull from 3 pounds down to 1 pound 10oz.
Switched the stock out for a Boyd's Att-One and added a Vortex Crossfire II.
It's dead on at 50 yards.
I would love to get UltraLux.