22lr matches what would you like to see?

So in other areas the 22lr PRS matches (NRL22 and the like ) seem to be doing pretty good and /or thriving. We have had trouble getting folks to stick with it. I was thinking about trying to have a match that is 22lr but all the distances were over 50 yards, or better yet over 150. This started a debate between myself and a friend who runs some matches; smaller targets closer in? Or larger steel targets at longer distances. Or any other ideas.....

Re: 22lr matches what would you like to see?

I like the .22 pistol matches, and I like Civilian Marksmanship Program .22 Sporter matches. For both, spending a lot of money on race guns and match ammo will not buy you a lot of points. Both can be done at 50 feet indoors with rather pedestrian firearms.

For pistol matches, letting people use both hands means they'll typically shoot a lot better, a more enjoyable experience that they're more likely to repeat.

CDFingers wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:32 pm
MaxWyatt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:58 pm
CDFingers wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:45 pm I'd favor hand gun contests over rifles, as my Marlin 80A is just too good. No brag, just fact.

CDFingers
I dunno, man. That could be taken as a challenge. :thumbup:
If I ever find someone who can shoot it, y'all're in trouble. :cool:
:oops2: :roflmao:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I found the NRL22 matches to be a little limiting (100 yards and in) and at some matches locally they tried to have longer stages. A core group of shooters thought the longer "bonus" stages were great but the rate of returning shooters was not great. I my case I like the longer distances (150-350 yards) but I struggle on the barricades stages depending on the barricade. I dislike flimsy wall type barricades also platforms on springs, so called "boats", a few clubs have roof top stages that I am not fond of. I also tend to like KYL stages and would love to see at least one at a match but 2 is even better.

This may be academic because sadly we are not seeing the same rates of participation in the northeast at 22lr PRS matches that other area seem to be enjoying.

1oz wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:13 pm I found the NRL22 matches to be a little limiting (100 yards and in) and at some matches locally they tried to have longer stages. A core group of shooters thought the longer "bonus" stages were great but the rate of returning shooters was not great. I my case I like the longer distances (150-350 yards) but I struggle on the barricades stages depending on the barricade. I dislike flimsy wall type barricades also platforms on springs, so called "boats", a few clubs have roof top stages that I am not fond of. I also tend to like KYL stages and would love to see at least one at a match but 2 is even better.

This may be academic because sadly we are not seeing the same rates of participation in the northeast at 22lr PRS matches that other area seem to be enjoying.
I shoot with iron sights and anything beyond 100yds is pretty much guess work. Besides, you have to compensate so much for the bullet drop, the 22lr is pretty much a mortar round past 200yds. I think 100yds is my max, at least right now.