Received wrong ammo

I ordered Sellier and Bellot 9 mm, 8 boxes, from a vendor on gunbroker and it arrived this evening. The boxes were placed in a cardboard box larger than needed and without any padding or paper, the cartridges dumped out all over, and they are not Sellier and Bellot. I haven’t counted them yet because it’s a mess but I suspect the quantity isn’t even correct.
Any recommendations on how to handle it? Obviously i paid a premium price, think at the very least I should receive a partial refund. Feeling pissed off. 😡

Re: Received wrong ammo -Topshot?

The brand is “Topshot Competition.” I googled it and they are made by S&B, and appear to be packaged for sale in Germany or Europe generally. I’m guessing it’s ok provided they are the right quantity. I’m still unhappy that they may be damaged from shipping so sloppily and I need to double check the quantity. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anyone ever shot “Topshot”? Our German members?

Re: Received wrong ammo

Sounds like you bought one of their competition ammo products. You might complain a bit about the packing. Not sure complaining about it being topshot is reasonable, it’s their product.
Last edited by sikacz on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
B55DFC03-74C6-4A36-A57D-CF946C0666D7.png

Year’s back I ordered ammo (cannot even remember what kind) from an online retailer, and the stuff showed up in a mess like you describe. I was upset too, but when I put everything back in the boxes, the quantity was correct. I just did not place any more orders with that dealer, although again, today I cannot remember who it was.

I suspect you are out of luck. You got some S&B made rounds, so they will claim they correctly filled your order, and then if anything is missing, they will likely blame the shipper. Any dealer who packs an ammo package that poorly is not going to give a damn about your complaint or what bad things may be said about them online. Ammo is too scarce for them to care. Sad, but when demand exceeds supply this much, customer service goes out the window.
Mark

Looks like 9mm is running about $0.60 for the cheapest reman/reloaded and up from there if you can find 9mm right now.

I had been paying about $0.20/rd for Blazer Brass for years. Prices are insane right now.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Northern wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:38 pm When was the last time Blazer was that cheap? I’m just curious whether it will ever get back to that point again.
I just searched some emails and found these prices. This is what I was paying in the past:

5/28/2020
1000 Round Case - 9mm Luger CCI Blazer Brass 115 Grain FMJ Ammo - 5200
$269.80 + $16.00 Shipping

1000 Round Case - 9mm Luger CCI Blazer Brass 124 Grain FMJ Ammo 5201
$269.80 + $16.00 Shipping

2/28/2020
$176.80 + $16.00 Shipping

$179.80 + $16.00 Shipping

11/22/2019
$169.80 + $16.00 Shipping

8/5/2019

1000 Round Case - 9mm Luger CCI Blazer Brass 124 Grain FMJ Ammo - 5201

8/8/2015 (panic pricing during the Obama years)
1 x 1000 round case - 9mm CCI Blazer Brass 124 grain FMJ ammo 5201 - $225.00
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Northern wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:29 pm Thanks, that’s illuminating. Looking forward to a day when those prices return.
I don't expect those prices to ever return. When 22LR became unavailable for years, 9mm became the new 22LR. Now 9mm and 22LR are insanely expensive.

I hope I am wrong and we see those sub-$200/case prices again. If they do return, buy it and stock up even when you don't think you need to have extra. Times like this will return again and again. I had planned to stock up on $169 cases of 9mm in 2020 before the election panic. Didn't work out the way I expected.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Unless you plan on returning the ammo, I wouldn’t contact a credit card company over two rounds. I would contact the seller and send a complaint. If they respond negatively or not at all, I’d inform gunbroker, I’d also give the seller a negative review and never buy from them again. Curious, was there a hole in the box where two rounds could have fallen out?

I ordered a motorcycle stand with a handle from U.K. once. It came to me in a damaged box and a missing handle. The carrier had recorded a damaged box in Paris. When I contact the carrier, they sent me the evidence and a statement it was damaged. The sender and carrier worked it out and I received a new handle.

I’m not optimistic you’ll get two rounds.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I believe it has only happened once to me, but I have opened up a completely sealed box of ammunition to find a single round missing. I chalked it up to in error on the machine packaging portion of it, not necessarily negligence or theft. Could be optimism on my part, but with how many billions of rounds of ammo those Machines are packaging, mistakes are likely here in there. However, loose rounds inside of a shipping box is pretty sloppy.

keenanmj85 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:23 am I believe it has only happened once to me, but I have opened up a completely sealed box of ammunition to find a single round missing. I chalked it up to in error on the machine packaging portion of it, not necessarily negligence or theft. Could be optimism on my part, but with how many billions of rounds of ammo those Machines are packaging, mistakes are likely here in there. However, loose rounds inside of a shipping box is pretty sloppy.
I’ve had a box of rifle rounds where the box itself was damaged on the inside and the rounds were loose within the box. All the rounds were there. In my case, suspect the box was damaged during original shipping and subsequent storage. Things happen. Bad experiences are remembered.

This was not a machine error and there was no hole in the package. 8 boxes of cartridges were thrown into a package roughly large enough for 24-30 boxes. The cartridge boxes themselves were old and the ends of several of them came open, some ripped off, and loose cartridges were everywhere. When I repacked all the boxes, it came up several rounds short.

I may leave negative feedback. I’ve contacted the seller, who is silent. Gunbroker has a dispute resolution system but the prerequisites to using it involve proof that you first try to resolve with the seller; then that you try, and fail, to get your credit care company to act on it.

Not a bad way to further gouge an already stressed market. Just make a mess inside a box, pocket a few rounds, chalk it up to "shipping," and piece together another sale from those skimmed off the top.

I just looked at gunbroker for the first time in a while...absolute mayhem in terms of prices. I feel for those who are having to wade through those waters.

keenanmj85 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:18 am Not a bad way to further gouge an already stressed market. Just make a mess inside a box, pocket a few rounds, chalk it up to "shipping," and piece together another sale from those skimmed off the top.

I just looked at gunbroker for the first time in a while...absolute mayhem in terms of prices. I feel for those who are having to wade through those waters.
Better bet would be to slowly transition to reloading.

sikacz wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:19 am
keenanmj85 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:18 am Not a bad way to further gouge an already stressed market. Just make a mess inside a box, pocket a few rounds, chalk it up to "shipping," and piece together another sale from those skimmed off the top.

Better bet would be to slowly transition to reloading.
It’s tempting!

Follow up. The seller asked me yesterday to describe in detail what happened to the package and I sent photos. (I had posted negative feedback on gunbroker.
Today, a UPS delivery arrived, unexpectedly. In it — another 8 boxes of the same ammo; a nice t-shirt. Again, the box had no padding and the ammo was all in disarray — but kind of amazing. I sent them a thank you email. Any way to change the feedback I left ?