I feel as though I have crossed some sort of ammunition threshold.

So after one confused truck driver, and a strange conversation with my landlord about the structural integrity of grey slab foundations. My 9mm ammunition supply for 2019 has arrived, I have been getting back into competition shooting pretty heavy and am improving at a good rate. After doing some math on my current level of practice and match usage, I decided to put the mantra of buy in bulk and save to the test. I tested a number of different types of ammunition but of the ones that passed validation, the one that was the lowest cost and available in the quantities I wanted was Speer Lawman 124gr. All in, it worked out to about $145 per 1000 rounds which in my estimation is a pretty good deal for high-quality 9mm ammunition. Should have it all packed and stored "Florida safe" by Thursday or Friday.

BTW around this time next year, be expecting a rather extensive report on the long-term reliability and functionality of the Heckler and Koch P30 series of pistols.
Pompous, with a touch of elitism.

Re: I feel as though I have crossed some sort of ammunition threshold.

I like to buy in bulk from targetsportsusa.com. I paid for their "Prime" Membership with the benefit of free shipping on any quantity and 8% discount on already low prices, it can't be beat.
My reasoning behind the membership is that I currently have 21 different caliber/gauges. Then add in various weights, velocities, casing, and projectile type and that adds up quickly.

Luckily I live where I can store the lot on a concrete slab. So, no worries about structural integrity.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Back in the mid-80's, FedOrd in Cal had Czech 7.62 NATO in 880 round crates @ .08 per delivered.

Crappy corrosive but really clean & reliable. Somewhat odd with black primers.

The local group of machinegunners went in on a deal so we ordered just over 50K rounds.

The UPS guy said it was the only time the whole load went to one addy, and he wondered what was going to happen to all that ammo.

I told him deer season was just opening, and we're gonna be ready this time... :evil:

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

Elmo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:57 am Where did you get that sweet price?
Target sports USA, i shopped around for quotes from a bunch of shops but no one really beat the bulk price from TSUSA. Then speer kicked off a dollar per box rebate so that sealed it.
CDFingers wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:13 am I totally accept that Nato shoots 124 grainers.

:-)

CDFingers
What?
FlyGuy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 am I like to buy in bulk from targetsportsusa.com. I paid for their "Prime" Membership with the benefit of free shipping on any quantity and 8% discount on already low prices, it can't be beaten.
My reasoning behind the membership is that I currently have 21 different caliber/gauges. Then add in various weights, velocities, casing, and projectile type and that adds up quickly.

Luckily I live where I can store the lot on a concrete slab. So, no worries about structural integrity.
Yea me too, I wish I had done it years ago.
Pompous, with a touch of elitism.

lurker wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:46 pm
CDFingers wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Nato wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:28 pm
CDFingers wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:13 am I totally accept that Nato shoots 124 grainers.

:-)

CDFingers
What?
9mm NATO round is the 124.

CDFingers
so saying 124 grain nato is sort of redundant?
I think the point is that forum member "Nato" is using 124 gr bullets.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed