Federal Tactical Bonded 9mm 124 gr Discontinued?

I received the following in an email from the Bone Frog Gun Club. FYI.
Hollow Point Ammunition (LE Restrictions)
50 round boxes of LE marketed ammunition has always been intended for Law Enforcement; 20 round boxes are available for standard retail purchasers. The manufacturers are getting stricter on these guidelines as it pertains to online sales, thus we have been asked to abide by indicating this on these product pages and asking customers to register with us in order to purchase these products. Currently we are required to restrict the purchase of 124 grain products, but eventually we anticipate all 50 round LE boxes will be restricted.
9MM 124GR Federal Tactical Bonded HP (LE9T1)
This item is permanently OUT OF STOCK. Federal has stopped production of this product so we do not expect to get more inventory. If this changes and we are able to restock, we will let you know.

Re: Federal Tactical Bonded 9mm 124 gr Discontinued?

AndyH wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:15 pm Thanks featureless! I carry Speer Gold Dot but wasn't aware of the 'LEO' restriction on 50 round boxes.
From what I hear, restrictions are a price point and marketing thing. They want to give LEOs a discount on ammo but don't want everyone buying it on the cheap because there is a market for upselling defensive ammo. Some manufacturers do it, some don't. I have a can with about 900 rounds of speer lawman (was 1000, I haven't been going to the range much) for practice, but if i went downtown to the police store, I could probably get the 50 round boxes of gold dot. They might have changed that though. I know hornady only allows LEOs to buy their 50 round boxes of defensive rounds there. They have labels on the shelf of what can and can't be sold to us civvies.