Tula .45 acp review

Yeah, steel case. Yeah, Russian. Yeah, one-handed. But, hey. Great price point at about ten bucks a box of fiddy. So I figured I'd figure to see whether my Springer milspec would run it. Short answer, yes, it does. Its reputation, the Springfield 1911, is that it eats anything. This box held about the 500th round I've shot out of this pistol since I bought it. Out of 500 rounds of four kinds of ammo, so far: it eats everything. No stove pipes. No fail to feed. No fail to eject.

I'd gone to shoot the last part of this current Bullseye with my GP100 .357mag with the Stealie gripz. Thought I'd warm up on the .45. Turns out the .45 with what ever ammo is much more pleasant to shoot than the American Eagle .357mag I'd selected. One would think that Rooskie ammo in the Holy US 1911 would somehow suffer tissue rejection at the worst, or at the least we'd see some disagreements with respect to something or other. But that was not the case. This ammo was as accurate and predictable as the American Eagle I'd shot last time. Who knew?

Were this to have been in a magazine or something, I would have chronied it to see. But it's not, so I didn't. Several websites list it as 850 fps, which is what J. Moses B. had in mind when he led us to the promised land. When you examine all 50 rounds below, you'll see that the ammo is better than I. I think it prints slightly lower than the American Eagle .45acp I've shot mostly. However, when the casual observer examines the target, he or she would find that when and if the shooter does his part, this ammo is very consistent at 15 yards. Since it's so inexpensive, I'm going to shoot some more of it.

Yeah, it's upside down. I've not got the hang of my elf-sized scanner. So sue me. :wtf:

scan0002.jpg

.357 report will be down in Bullseye when I make the post.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: Tula .45 acp review

I ended up trying some Tula .45 ACP, given its low price. My Sig Sauer P220 digested it flawlessly. In terms of accuracy, I didn’t notice any discernible difference between the Tula .45 and what I primarily use (Blazer Brass and reloads). I will definitely pick up more Tula .45 if I do not feel like reloading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

We with roller-lock guns like HK & PTR have learned not use their 7.62 NATO.

Too many problems like failure to eject & out of battery, due to the coating on the case and the tar bullet seal.

Subs
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

May shoot accurately enough and cycle reliably in your pistol but for my toys I'm still a bit concerned the (mild) steel jacketed bullets will wear the barrel lands somewhat faster than copper or brass jackets do. Annecdotal resuts from a test of Russian .223 vs Federal out of an AR:
https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass- ... ased-ammo/
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

yes, it seems to be cheap and reliable but no tula for me, thanks.
back in the 90s and oughts when it seemed like they were democratizing, sure, no problem.
last couple of years i'm not enthused about funding russia's military industrial complex. i'm sure they'll get along just fine without me.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:49 am yes, it seems to be cheap and reliable but no tula for me, thanks.
back in the 90s and oughts when it seemed like they were democratizing, sure, no problem.
last couple of years i'm not enthused about funding russia's military industrial complex. i'm sure they'll get along just fine without me.
I've been using Winchester USA Forged for heavy volume plinking as of late. I'd classify it as, "accurate enough" for 7-10-15 yard shooting. It will definitely not win any Bullseye Matches, but I can get 150-rounds for $25 at Academy Sports.

LGC Texas - Vice President

I want to have tried every, single, available commercial ammo in my Springer to see what it runs. So far, the most accurate has been Federal's American Eagle .45acp. And so far, my pistol eats and processes it all flawlessly. When temps decrease, I'll get back out into my reloading shack and make some hand loads that hopefully will be as good or better (more consistent) than even the American Eagle.

I just reviewed some Perfecta Italian .45acp, and I put that in my 'new Springer thread'. I think I'll dupe it in ammo.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack