Re: My first batch of .357

Congrats one your foray into the land of no return. .357 is also what got me into reloading. Now I'm casting and mining lead as well...

Kinetic pullers work but are boring. More fun to get yourself a Rossi carbine and use that as a "kinetic pusher". You can't blow up a Rossi carbine. (He he, famous last words, right?)
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Trailmix, if possible I'd recommend finding someone close to you who is already reloading and learn from them. There are a lot of safety details in reloading that can quickly be learned through doing. Best when you have someone telling you exactly what to do first then eventually watching over your own decisions about powder weights and selections, overall lengths, etc. Equipment is really the least important of your considerations.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I watched a shit ton of videos on YT, then read two books cover to cover about reloading, watched another double dozen videos then sat with an acquaintance while he walked me through the process and coached me. I highly recommend sitting with someone as Bis said.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:30 am I watched a shit ton of videos on YT, then read two books cover to cover about reloading, watched another double dozen videos then sat with an acquaintance while he walked me through the process and coached me. I highly recommend sitting with someone as Bis said.
Good job man!
Reloading has so many aspects to it.
Staring out on a single stage is a good way to go.
Agree that if you decide to go progressive Dillon is the best choice.
I've had a 650 for 20 years now and it's been an awesome machine.
I could do 5-600 rounds in an hour but I'm retired now and typically like trying different loads and usually do batches in either groups of 50 or 100.
If you haven't read the Lee reloading book it's also a great resource.
Great hobby!
Feel free to ask lots of questions!