Ammo Question on .32acp

Anyone have any experience of Prvi Partizan ammo? Checking my ammo stocks this morning and find that I'm low on .32acp. Having a look at Midway USA and their cheapest, available, FMJ at 71gr is Prvi Partizan at $0.33 per round. Next up is Fiocci at 73gr at $0.28 per round but I'm not sure about using 73gr in my 1942 commercial Walther PP or my wife's Beretta 1934... Any ideas or suggestions?

Re: Ammo Question on .32acp

Damocles wrote:Anyone have any experience of Prvi Partizan ammo? Checking my ammo stocks this morning and find that I'm low on .32acp. Having a look at Midway USA and their cheapest, available, FMJ at 71gr is Prvi Partizan at $0.33 per round. Next up is Fiocci at 73gr at $0.28 per round but I'm not sure about using 73gr in my 1942 commercial Walther PP or my wife's Beretta 1934... Any ideas or suggestions?
Prvi is usually good stuff. I can’t speak to their 32ACP though.
LGC Texas - Vice President

I guess what I should also be asking is...should I be all that concerned about the difference between 71gr and 73gr? I know, for instance, that it's generally considered unwise to use anything other than 115gr 9mm in my Walther P38 because that's what it was designed to fire but I can't find any hard and fast rules about the PP...

I don’t see it making any meaningful difference. The difference between the 2 bullets is between 2 & 3 percent. I don’t think that slight a less of mass is going to affect velocity of muzzle energy in a significant way. If I were making the decision I would go with the heavier 73 grain. I say that for two reasons: 1) the heavier bullet cartridge might be loaded with a little more powder than the lighter round, and that could be advantageous, and 2) depending upon the type of target a heavier round benerLly penetrates deeper. Again, I just don’t think it matters which you pick. If you are only going to shoot paper, themget the cheaper one..

richardw wrote: ...the heavier bullet cartridge might be loaded with a little more powder than the lighter round
Other way around, not that there'd be much difference between loads so similar. Lighter bullets require more powder (examples are for starting loads for .38):
110 grain jacketed 5.4 grains Unique
125 grain jacketed 5 grains
160 grain jacketed 4 grains

Counterintuitive, ain't it?
Reunite Pangea!

Well, this has proven to be an interesting exercise in comparative shopping.

For a box of 50 FMJ 73gr .32acp:

MidwayUSA - Fiocci = $24.58 shipped

SGAmmo - Fiocci = $24.95 shipped

Sportsmanguide - Magtech = $24.98 shipped (Member)

Cheaper Than Dirt - Fiocci = $24.52 shipped

and the winner is

BassProShop - Fiocci = $19.52 shipped and my order is due to be delivered mid next week... :yahoo:

I'll just point out that selling price per round is not the only consideration, you also need to look at shipping cost. Sometimes a good deal per round price is negated by a higher shipping cost. Sometimes a slightly higher per round price is offset by free or very low shipping cost.

Sort of a balancing act...

I seem to recall that BassPro has free shipping to the nearest store, so that would seem to be a good deal. 'Grats.
"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

I've never seen .32acp for less than $16 a box.

The classic .32acp round was a 75gr lead round nose. Also, your Beretta was probably made in Italy, and proofed at 2kpsi higher pressures that any US gun would be in that caliber. Standard US ammo poses no threat.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.