Re: 327 Federal Magnum

So imagine this for a moment.

A S&W quality j- frame revolver. Seven shot cylinder of screaming 327 fed magnum. Scandium/aluminum/titanium frame and cylinder. 3 inch ported barrel. Comes with 3 grips to fit any hand. Revolver reliability. No difficult slide racking. Simple. No safeties or magazines to contend with. Super light weight, yet controllable recoil. Easily concealable.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote:So imagine this for a moment.

A S&W quality j- frame revolver. Seven shot cylinder of screaming 327 fed magnum. Scandium/aluminum/titanium frame and cylinder. 3 inch ported barrel. Comes with 3 grips to fit any hand. Revolver reliability. No difficult slide racking. Simple. No safeties or magazines to contend with. Super light weight, yet controllable recoil. Easily concealable.
It was six rounds, not ultralight, and you had to buy the grips on your own. It was the model 632, now discontinued.

Yep, that is a very handsome looking gun. But I think my next revolver will be a S&W 66 in .357...or a s&W 686 plus 3" barrel.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... t-magnums/

In the meantime I'm saving my pennies...
CDFingers wrote:Found this
One of the main advantages of the .327 Magnum is that it has a narrower profile than the venerable .357 Magnum, while still being much more powerful than the older .32 H&R Magnum. This gives manufacturers the opportunity to squeeze an extra round into the cylinder of a gun. So, instead of five .357 Magnum rounds in a typical concealed carry revolver, a shooter might carry a .327 Magnum that holds six rounds instead. For personal protection, that extra round could be very attractive to buyers.

With the return of the 3″ barrel .327 Magnum, Ruger fans can once again get a SP101 in this caliber that is more suited for concealed carry. Sights are a pinned ramp front with a notch rear. The grips are the rubber with wood insert that are frequently used by the company. The suggested retail price is $749.

The gun is slightly different than the original. For example, the original SP101 in .327 Magnum had the plain black grips. Additionally, it had a drift adjustable rear sight with a box outline.

Note: If you are looking for something even smaller, Ruger does offer the LCR in .327 Magnum. That gun retains the six round capacity but has a 1.87″ barrel and lightens the load to 17 ounces.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... ed-magnum/

CDFingers
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

Antiquus wrote:Just some speculation....
Antiquus, you're such a tease!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Marlene wrote:Is that an N frame cylinder?!
Pretty sure it'd fit inside an N frame cyl, and at less than 2"Ø you could put it in something easy to reframe, like an LCR. Probably less than 20oz loaded and 11 shots. Make the cylinder using powdered metal technology, net shapes well within .001". Minimal machining.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.