Serbu Shorty; Tacticool or Tacticrap

I'll be the first to admit I love niche and tacticool style firearms. Having a Vepr 12 I began looking at something more compact and practical. I have a 20ga I use for hunting but am more interested in a self-defense style arm. I saw a few videos of he Serbu and am wondering whether Its worth the hefty price tag. I don't have any AOWs and am waiting on my first Suppressor Stamp so this would be another step into NFA land as well. Anyone who has seen or read anything particularly convincing one way or the other and wants to dis/en-courage this purchase let me know!

"We are for the freedom of all and for free agreement, which will be there for all when no one has the means to force others, and all are involved in the good running of society."
- E. Malatesta
Neither Democrats, nor Dictators: Anarchists

Re: Serbu Shorty; Tacticool or Tacticrap

atxgunguy wrote:
Simmer down wrote:I imagine either one will beat you silly, if that's your goal. :see_stars:
Coworker just bought one. We're heading out to his farm next week to try it out. I hope I don't break my wrist. :ohmg:

I was looking at the Shockwave as a compromise decision so I would love to hear if the recoil is as bad as folks say! Wish I had buddies who wanted to get the fun guns first...
"We are for the freedom of all and for free agreement, which will be there for all when no one has the means to force others, and all are involved in the good running of society."
- E. Malatesta

nigel wrote:
senorgrand wrote:
Clyde Barrow was a fan

Beautiful!

Both the Browning and Clyde that is.
- E. Malatesta

I question the value of the PG shotgun. It look cool and would be ideal for smashing locks but the problem is that unlike a shotgun which has 3-points of contact (hands and shoulder) it has only two (hands) which reduces control ability and probably slows down follow up shots. Where concealability is a concern, I'd lean towards an automatic pistol in .32, .380 or 9mm or .38 revolver.

DavidMS wrote:I question the value of the PG shotgun. It look cool and would be ideal for smashing locks but the problem is that unlike a shotgun which has 3-points of contact (hands and shoulder) it has only two (hands) which reduces control ability and probably slows down follow up shots. Where concealability is a concern, I'd lean towards an automatic pistol in .32, .380 or 9mm or .38 revolver.
I currently carry a .380 or 9 regularly but liked the idea of a 12ga carry... but either way I think you're points are valid. I've read the Shockwave has fairly decent hip-fired stability but you can only get so much from hip firing. I am increasingly being pushed to get a shockwave pending further reviews.
- E. Malatesta

You know, I actually held the Mossberg 12 ga "pistol" and thought, "What a cool Thunderstick!"

But I'd rather use it like a club than risk firing it at an intruder for fear of injuring myself. The Mossberg has a hand-strap at the pump that got my brain firing on all cylinders to wonder what's the worst that could possibly happen without it.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote:You know, I actually held the Mossberg 12 ga "pistol" and thought, "What a cool Thunderstick!"

But I'd rather use it like a club than risk firing it at an intruder for fear of injuring myself. The Mossberg has a hand-strap at the pump that got my brain firing on all cylinders to wonder what's the worst that could possibly happen without it.
Not to be outdone by Mossberg, Remington also has one of its own.

https://www.remington.com/other-product ... 870-tac-14

The Magpul furniture might be a help or hindrance. I haven't actually seen one of the Remingtons out in the wild yet.
LGC Texas - Vice President

Got a first-hand look at the Shockwave last weekend. It's a hoot.

The recoil is surprisingly manageable from both the weaver stance and hip-fired Wyatt Earp style. If held just-so, the front strap + recoil will have a semi-auto/self-loading effect.

We only had #7 and #8 birdshot to play with, but it was doing the job with 10 yards, patterning pretty much like any other 18" barrelled SD-style shotgun. It's rated for slugs and high-brass magnum shells which, while no-doubt causing amusement, would be pretty brutal after a full round of it through the tube.

Overall, it's the Shockwave is well-built, impractically practical, and worth the price. It's on my shortlist of future impulse purchases.
LGC Texas - Vice President

My uncle has the Sebu I wish I could get one here in lower state No York. It a fun gun remember these are not sniper rifle. Your foreign it for effect loaded with buck shot, buck and ball or turkey/water fowl loads you will hit what ever you are pointing at to shoot.

The big plus is that huge hole the scumbag will be looking down it really will make them think about there next move.

Dont waste your money on a BlackAce gun they are junk I've help a couple of people now with those POS to get them to work half way decent.
It's time to elect leadership not re elect it.
Drain the swamp!