Re: How many of us are waiting for your NFA stamp? How long?

No. From everything I ahve seen, only junior legal eagles in the DoJ have been furloughed, not ATF staff. NICS is still 100% live and well to boot.

I'm hoping to have a fair bit of extra money once I can get a couple classes run. That will go to an NFA Trust and some Form 4's getting filled out. I should have anything I order by next December at this rate...
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

ErikO wrote:No. From everything I ahve seen, only junior legal eagles in the DoJ have been furloughed, not ATF staff. NICS is still 100% live and well to boot.

I'm hoping to have a fair bit of extra money once I can get a couple classes run. That will go to an NFA Trust and some Form 4's getting filled out. I should have anything I order by next December at this rate...
The BATFE Form 4 people WERE furloughed according to the call I made to them the other day.

KV is right, the Form 1 and Form 4's are not being done while this shutdown is on, so add 11+ days and counting to your expectations, if you had expectations!

There was a time when these things were turned around in a couple of months. I can't imagine it...

Somehow it feels better when others are suffering too. Hahahaha. :happy: :hmm: Meh.

Perhaps the best way to deal with it is to know that you are _______months ahead than if you sent it in today! :strongbench:

There is a tracking website for NFA Wait Times... it gives you something to do and adds to the knowledge base. http://www.nfatracker.com/
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

Hard to imagine that the situation is going to significantly improve a far as wait times goes in the near future, anyway. I think get your application started the sooner the better; who knows if/when the next "Sandy Hook" is coming and what the repurcussions might be.
The one thing that's becoming more clear is, "get it while the gettin's good" is a wise saying indeed.

What AOW are you looking at?
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

Reports on other forums are that folks are being told 15 months when they call to check.

For my part I have one F4 suppressor in the works (submitted early September) and will be submitting a F1 SBR and a F4 suppressor in November, all on a Trust. Gotta get paperwork for all of my toys now before I have to get 3 sets of photos/fingerprints/CLEO for each item.
"Be weird; pay with cash!" - Dave Ramsey

"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live." - Tom McCall, 30th Governor of Oregon

From the NFA Tracker website Trend Graph, there are a few claiming 3, 5, 7 months but the actual trend just speaks for itself; beginning in December it takes off for the roof.

Since the participants don't have to prove the dates I am a bit curious about the 1,2, 3 month reports.
Attachments
Nov 15 Trend GRaph.jpg