9 US Democratic Reps push bill to NFA semiauto rifles that use detachable mags

Text not yet received.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... t?r=35&s=1
As of 08/10/2021 text has not been received for H.R.4953 - To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act any semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Re: 9 US Democratic Reps push bill to NFA semiauto rifles that use detachable mags

The 9 Democrats have to show their constituents that they're fighting gun violence and banning more and more firearms are their preferred method. With the midterms around the corner that bill is going nowhere, Democrats only have a 9 seat majority in the House. This is all for show for the folks back home.

Ted Deutch is the main sponsor, a poster on Reddit said
His district is just north of Miami. South Florida is NY lite.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 9 US Democratic Reps push bill to NFA semiauto rifles that use detachable mags

CDFingers wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:56 am Yeah--if you can't ban them, make them so expensive that only the wealthy can afford them.

Makes it a bit tougher to eat the rich, then.

Surprise.

CDFingers
The bloomie doesn’t want to be lunch or dinner. It’s pretty clear why the rich elites want arms limited, expensive and hard to purchase. It won’t be a burden to them. It will be for the rest of us.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:32 pm
CDFingers wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:56 am Yeah--if you can't ban them, make them so expensive that only the wealthy can afford them.

Surprise.

CDFingers
The bloomie doesn’t want to be lunch or dinner. It’s pretty clear why the rich elites want arms limited, expensive and hard to purchase. It won’t be a burden to them. It will be for the rest of us.
I feel like they would be more willing to help if the population rapidly declined to only a billion or less. Maybe that's what they are betting on. They only need the bunkers until the rest of us have starved or bombed ourselves to death.
https://old.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comm ... ecedented/

Cynical bahstahds.

Un-asked-for FYI

https://www.pri.org/stories/2021-08-10/ ... -memory-un

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:09 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:32 pm

Surprise.

CDFingers
I feel like they would be more willing to help if the population rapidly declined to only a billion or less. Maybe that's what they are betting on. They only need the bunkers until the rest of us have starved or bombed ourselves to death.
https://old.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comm ... ecedented/

Cynical bahstahds.

Un-asked-for FYI

https://www.pri.org/stories/2021-08-10/ ... -memory-un

CDFingers
It’s all about controlling resources and the weapons to keep them. An armed populace is a threat to that plan. With technology and automation increasing throughout the world the massive numbers of people needed in the past for industrialization are no longer needed. Wars and disease are the easiest tools for the elites to achieve a reduction in the population. Those without means are in trouble for sure. The Burmese example is clear enough, it’s not that there’s not any food. It’s that the people don’t have jobs and therefore no money.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

papajim2jordan wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:01 am
CDFingers wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:09 am
wings wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:23 pm Archery is very relaxing.
What relaxes me about archery is knowing I can hit a pumpkin every time at 30 yards.

CDFingers
I can usually get close enough without spooking them to use a knife. But not always.
Yeah! Use a knife! You should see the look on their faces when you use a knife on them.

:rofl: I love a good thread diversion. Know where I can find one?

I'm feeling pretty good about pumpkins at 30. The pumpkins might have different opinions. One of the things I like about the recurve is that there's far less drop at that range than i see on the crossbow. The "velocity vs. mass" argument goes back a few centuries.

The partner announced interest in getting into some of this action. I got a hot date and a pile of fresh arrows.

Sure, there are reasons the armed forces of the world abandoned archery for firearms - mostly. I've seen a few interesting B&W Army films comparing the two. I highly recommend anyone concerned about the long-term direction of the law invest the time and effort to learn alternative modes of holepunching. And the majority of my arms are 10 shot semiautos. You know - .22s.

Text now is available for what the Democrats are calling the “National Firearms Amendments Act of 2021”:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... t?r=35&s=1
SEC. 2. SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE WITH CAPACITY TO ACCEPT DETACHABLE MAGAZINE TREATED AS FIREARM UNDER NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT.

(a) In General.—Section 5845(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended—
(1) by striking “; and (8) a destructive device.” and inserting “; (8) a destructive device; and (9) a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device.”; and
(2) by adding at the end the following: “The term ‘detachable ammunition feeding device’ means an ammunition feeding device that can be removed from a firearm without disassembly of the firearm action. The term ‘ammunition feeding device’ means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, but does not include an attached tubular device which is only capable of operating with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition. The term ‘semiautomatic rifle or shotgun’ means any repeating rifle or shotgun which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.”.

(b) Applicability.—Any person who, on the date of the enactment of this Act, lawfully owns or possesses a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun (as defined in section 5845(a) of such Code, as amended by this Act) that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device (as defined in such section) shall, not later than 120 days after the date of enactment of this Act, register the semiautomatic rifle or shotgun in accordance with section 5841 of such Code. Such registration shall become a part of the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record required to be maintained by such section. The prohibition on possession of an unregistered firearm under section 5861 of such Code shall not apply to possession of such a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun that has the capacity to accept such a detachable ammunition feeding device on any date that is 120 days or less after the enactment of this Act.