Cuomo issues EO "Declaring Gun Violence in NY a Disaster Emergency"

Cuomo Issues Executive Order Declaring Gun Violence in NY a Disaster Emergency
This new strategy treats gun violence as a public health crisis, using short-term solutions to manage the immediate gun violence crisis and reduce the shooting rate, as well as long-term solutions that focus on community-based intervention and prevention strategies to break the cycle of violence.

To coordinate this nation-leading gun violence prevention effort, Cuomo announced the creation of the Office of Gun Violence Prevention and is also requiring by Executive Order major police departments to share data on gun violence with DCJS to compile this data weekly. This data will be used by the new Office of Gun Violence Prevention to track emerging gun violence hotspots and deploy resources.
A new State Police Gun Trafficking Interdiction Unit was announced. The group's main purpose will be to stop illegal guns from coming into New York from states with weak gun safety laws. Additionally, the State will continue to strengthen police-community relations through a partnership with John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Re: Cuomo issues EO

Crime is increasing in New York State and Cuomo is running for his 4th term as governor in 2022 and has to show he's doing something. The EO will be analyzed to see if he exceeded his authority such as moving funds or creating entities without legislative approval. Democrats will cheer him on.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Well, at least someone at Time agrees with the idea that the majority of “gun violence” would be less if we actually treated some root causes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/theres-prove ... 25057.html

Not like many democrat politicians are going to go along with something that cost that much effort or money, of course. And even if they did, they’d be unlikely to get much support from most of the republicans, who just think “good riddance to bad rubbish” when it comes to taking care of poor people or minorities or caring whether they shoot each other.

But still, a small ray of reasoning. (Unless, of course, I totally missed some other agenda- I’m sometimes obtuse that way).

Cuomo also said "We are going to do with guns what we did with Covid".

What they did with Covid was throw the Constitution out the window during the duration of the "emergency". During the past 17 months I have had a bad feeling about the usurpation of power by the various governors across the country, especially leftist ones. Seems to me they will use the same excuse and tactics to advance their agenda against rights protected by the Constitution that they do not agree with. The piece of trash that is Governor here in Colorado is no exception.

Background checks, firearm ID cards, registration, Carry permits are simply methods for them to mark their enemies much the same way that Hitler did with Jews except they're just not putting a tattoo on you. So when the "firearm health emergency" is declared and the governor's declare the second amendment "temporarily" suspended, they will know whose house to go to.

Fun times.

Whelenman358 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:53 pm Cuomo also said "We are going to do with guns what we did with Covid".

What they did with Covid was throw the Constitution out the window during the duration of the "emergency". During the past 17 months I have had a bad feeling about the usurpation of power by the various governors across the country, especially leftist ones. Seems to me they will use the same excuse and tactics to advance their agenda against rights protected by the Constitution that they do not agree with. The piece of trash that is Governor here in Colorado is no exception.

Background checks, firearm ID cards, registration, Carry permits are simply methods for them to mark their enemies much the same way that Hitler did with Jews except they're just not putting a tattoo on you. So when the "firearm health emergency" is declared and the governor's declare the second amendment "temporarily" suspended, they will know whose house to go to.

Fun times.
Sounds like many comments I've heard here made from participants who have been around a long time.

I'll have to agree with the "permitting" comment. I ain't getting no stinking permit. I wonder if there is a "D" or an "R" stamped on them papers. LOL

The "firearm health emergency" also called marshal law where the government can go house to house using false pretenses to disarm the public. They did it in New Orleans during the big flood.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Whelenman358 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:53 pm Background checks, firearm ID cards, registration, Carry permits are simply methods for them to mark their enemies much the same way that Hitler did with Jews except they're just not putting a tattoo on you. So when the "firearm health emergency" is declared and the governor's declare the second amendment "temporarily" suspended, they will know whose house to go to.

Fun times.
Jews don't choose to be Jewish. In Hitler's time, they didn't choose to be marked and rounded up and murdered simply for being who they were.

People choose to buy guns. By all means, fight to remove whatever restrictions on the 2nd Amendment you don't agree with, just as you listed.

However, please stop with the Hitler/Nazi comparisons. It's not just inaccurate, it's insulting and degrading to those that survived those times, and the families who continued on (such as myself) from those who did not.

researchib wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:52 pm
Whelenman358 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:53 pm Background checks, firearm ID cards, registration, Carry permits are simply methods for them to mark their enemies much the same way that Hitler did with Jews except they're just not putting a tattoo on you. So when the "firearm health emergency" is declared and the governor's declare the second amendment "temporarily" suspended, they will know whose house to go to.

Fun times.
Jews don't choose to be Jewish. In Hitler's time, they didn't choose to be marked and rounded up and murdered simply for being who they were.

People choose to buy guns. By all means, fight to remove whatever restrictions on the 2nd Amendment you don't agree with, just as you listed.

However, please stop with the Hitler/Nazi comparisons. It's not just inaccurate, it's insulting and degrading to those that survived those times, and the families who continued on (such as myself) from those who did not.
I agree with you on that the Hitler thing is used too much. Other than that he has a point.

Also, there's been a couple people here that like to pin insulting labels on other members when they do not agree with them. That should be stopped. It's not in the clubs best interest for others who come here to see that kind of childish behavior going on.
I've seen a lot of hate speech going on here against elected democrats as well.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”