Re: Massachusetts opinionist wants "firearms companies" to "stop selling automatic weapons"

I can also write an opinion piece highlighting the dangers of celinium in groundwater and get it printed in Hoboken Herald.

What is celinium, you ask? I don’t know. But it sounds bad for children doesn’t it?

That is pretty much the gist of this woman’s ignorant opinion which ended up in print. I suspect it is actually BS planted by Putin’s black-hats to further divide Americans.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: Massachusetts opinionist wants "firearms companies" to "stop selling automatic weapons"

featureless wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:13 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:04 am I didn't know firearms companies were selling automatic weapons to anyone but the US military. Civilians aren't allowed to own any made after the late 1980's, and only then with special licenses.
Don't let facts get in the way of outrage and witch hunts?
Yup
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:28 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:04 am I didn't know firearms companies were selling automatic weapons to anyone but the US military. Civilians aren't allowed to own any made after the late 1980's, and only then with special licenses.
Yup
I was, of course, being ironic....
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:57 pm
Yup
Yes. Yes you were. :)

featureless wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:02 pm

Yup
I get really tired AND pissed-off when liberals, who, on most issues, are on our side, act as morally superior and fact-free as those in fascisti-land. They don't want to know that Auto and Semi-Auto are 2 different things, that an "assault weapon" can be a tire iron, and that an "assault rifle" is illegal for civilians to own, period. They don't want to know that mag limits have ZERO effect on limiting shootings and gun deaths, that crazy state "gun control" laws that Cali, NJ, and NY have are meaningless, stupid, and frequently contradictory. And I REALLY hate that they think all gun owners are RW fanatics who think every yahoo who isn't a liberal should have a firearm. In that they are no different than the forced-birthers.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:10 pm
featureless wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:02 pm

Yup
I get really tired AND pissed-off when liberals, who, on most issues, are on our side, act as morally superior and fact-free as those in fascisti-land. They don't want to know that Auto and Semi-Auto are 2 different things, that an "assault weapon" can be a tire iron, and that an "assault rifle" is illegal for civilians to own, period. They don't want to know that mag limits have ZERO effect on limiting shootings and gun deaths, that crazy state "gun control" laws that Cali, NJ, and NY have are meaningless, stupid, and frequently contradictory. And I REALLY hate that they think all gun owners are RW fanatics who think every yahoo who isn't a liberal should have a firearm. In that they are no different than the forced-birthers.
Agree entirely.

SubRosa wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:48 pm And in the same vein, how RW's get apoplectic when they find out I'm a progressive.

Prolly 'cause I have better guns than they.

Fukkem.
LOL! Me, too! They drool over my Windham Hunter, Cx4 Storm, and even my Sub2k.
I don't come to the range with the usual Glock and Bushmaster.

Classic battle rifles stupefy millennial guys. What is this? What is that?

My favorite question is What does it shoot? Bullseyes, I say.

An HK-G3 is a totally form-follows-function firearm and will work well past the apocalypse.

A FAL is a curvaceous female machine, with looks and style that just cuddles you through every shot.

Then some Mook says "Biden will take all those away from you." You first, but not in my lifetime, I say.
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."