Re: Gun Rights And Marijuana (GRAM) bill, preserving both weed *and* 2A rights introduced...by REPUBLICANS!!

sikacz wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:21 pm
highdesert wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:57 am
lurker wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:18 am
Wino wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:10 am Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome.
even back in the day i didn't smoke reefer every day, took the fun out of it and too hard to get anything done.
"what were once vices are now habits"

I tried it when I was about 16 years old, it did nothing for me so I never tried it again. My brother grew plants hidden in my parents large garden, my mother knew they were there but didn't care, my dad would have pulled them out but he was kept in the dark.

For those who want it, it should be legal and available across the US and stop f-ing up the already f-ed up legal system with MJ cases.
Agree. I hear they are great in brownies. Wouldn’t mind trying some.
Never had an "Alice B Toklas" brownie, maybe I should live dangerously and try one.
https://lithub.com/here-it-is-alice-b-t ... -brownies/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Gun Rights And Marijuana (GRAM) bill, preserving both weed *and* 2A rights introduced...by REPUBLICANS!!

When it announced its support for lawmakers’ efforts to decriminalize weed last month, Amazon didn’t just become the biggest company in America to back marijuana legalization, it captivated the cannabis industry in the process.

Now, as bills pushing legalization remain stuck in Congress, activists fighting for liberalized cannabis laws are hoping the e-commerce giant will take the next step and use its considerable D.C. muscle to help get them passed.

Lobbyists for legalization are pinning their hopes on Amazon using its experienced lobbying team and deep pockets to support their efforts, believing it could help them launch ad campaigns and persuade lawmakers opposed to legalization — especially those who represent states where cannabis is legal — to change their minds. Cannabis lobbyists and advocates who have spoken with Amazon made it clear that the company is already engaging in cannabis discussions in Washington, D.C. Whether Amazon actively lobbies or invests monetarily in legislation is the question on everyone’s minds.

“I'm quite disappointed that we've really seen no movement whatsoever at the federal level,” said Matthew Schweich, deputy director of the Marijuana Policy Project. “I think that if Amazon were able to lend its political support to federal reform and fund state level efforts, that would be a net positive for the cannabis reform movement in this country.”

One third of Americans currently live in a state where cannabis is or will soon be legally sold for adult use, and 68 percent of voters support federal legalization, according to a Gallup poll conducted last year. But corporate America and Congress have been much slower in coming around to the issue. Many companies and the federal government still drug test employees, even in states where cannabis is legal, and a federal decriminalization bill that passed the House last year stalled in the Senate.

Amazon has one of the more relaxed stances on cannabis among major U.S. employers. It supports legalization and made the decision to stop drug testing employees for cannabis, which will expand the company’s prospective employee pool. Though its online delivery infrastructure is unmatched, advocates say the company has given no indication that it plans to get into the weed business itself if cannabis is legalized nationwide.
Amazon said last month that its “public policy team will be actively supporting The Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act,” otherwise known as the MORE Act, which would decriminalize cannabis and provide for expungement of some non-violent cannabis offenses, had been a long time coming. The company had preliminary conversations about whether to get involved in the national conversation on CBD — a substance contained in the cannabis plant that was federally legalized in 2018 — and marijuana last year, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter, but there were internal disagreements about whether the company should do so and what the optics would be.
Most told POLITICO that the money and influence Amazon could bring to the issue could be a big help to a still-underfunded lobbying effort. But there is also some trepidation that Amazon’s involvement indicates it actually plans to enter the industry in some way, and that it could influence federal legislation to be friendlier for big corporations.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/2 ... eed-500263
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Be very careful with the edibles being sold these days. They are very powerful, and hard to gauge because it can be 30-45 mins to start to feel it. So the impatient eat more. Then you start to feel it and have some more. Because when you have the munchies, what’s better than more brownies? But by the time you realize you’ve had too much, it’s a lot like when you has that last shot on your way out of the bar, and suddenly you are trashed. But this is harsher/weirder. It turns into the THC version of a K-hole, aka a bad trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As expected, we've heard nothing about this bill since then. Pelosi must've told her Committee leaders not to bring it up for even a Committee vote. And given that she's from San Francisco...that's really disappointing. Not gonna happen while she's Speaker.

Therefore, should the Republicans get the House back in 2022, I hope they reintroduce this bill and actually give it a vote. Then "The Turtle" may be forced to bring it up for an up-or-down vote.
"SF Liberal With A Gun + Free Software Advocate"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/

CowboyT wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:56 pm As expected, we've heard nothing about this bill since then. Pelosi must've told her Committee leaders not to bring it up for even a Committee vote. And given that she's from San Francisco...that's really disappointing. Not gonna happen while she's Speaker.

Therefore, should the Republicans get the House back in 2022, I hope they reintroduce this bill and actually give it a vote. Then "The Turtle" may be forced to bring it up for an up-or-down vote.
They are doing it just to get more support from the stoners. If they got control of Congress again they would kill any bill like that saying they support Law Enforcement and reintroduce the War on Drugs with Asset Forfeiture.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,