North Carolina county votes in favor of Second Amendment sanctuary resolution

I gather they are at least pretending to mean well.
Commissioners vote, declare Lincoln County a ‘2nd Amendment Sanctuary’
The resolution states that “the Lincoln County Board of Commissioners hereby expresses its intent to uphold the Second Amendment rights of the citizens of Lincoln County and that public funds, resources, employees, buildings or offices not be used to restrict Second Amendment rights or to aid or assist in the enforcement of the unnecessary and unconstitutional restriction of the rights under the Second Amendment of the citizens of Lincoln County to keep and bear arms.”

“If the state or even the federal government comes down with additional regulations, it’s gonna say that Lincoln County is not gonna come forth with that and it’s gonna be hard to take guns in Lincoln County,” Mitchem said.

It does not change any regulations currently in place.

Re: North Carolina county votes in favor of Second Amendment sanctuary resolution

i've seen mention of two more 2a sanctuaries in NC in the last couple of days, both on FB. my county, rowan, and alexander cty. the one here was a commercial entity selling t-shirts so not sure how sincere. not sure what to make of it. maybe trying to send a message to the legislature, or maybe trying to rouse the rabble for profit. or both
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: North Carolina county votes in favor of Second Amendment sanctuary resolution

lurker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:40 pm i've seen mention of two more 2a sanctuaries in NC in the last couple of days, both on FB. my county, rowan, and alexander cty. the one here was a commercial entity selling t-shirts so not sure how sincere. not sure what to make of it. maybe trying to send a message to the legislature, or maybe trying to rouse the rabble for profit. or both
Could be concern that the NC legislature might flip to the Democrats like VA to the north did. They want to be prepared which is probably not a bad idea. You have elections this year so it sends a message.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan